Question.?

Started by gstours, April 01, 2019, 06:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

In the lick of time, if you're food doesn't come from a store.   Is it really good for you?

gstours

Here,s another white king taken on the next to last day of our regulated season close to home.   The day was perfect, flat calm, morning low tide.  My rod was screeming and I could not beleive my eyes.   Fiss Hon. ;)

The videio doesent get going this time until the fish is under control as we have lost two fish earlier the week before.   
The plug is a hi teck version I have been playing with with an e-chip attatched to the side.   The results are here butt you have to decide did the chip prompt a strike oar knot. ???

gstours

Thanks for sharing your tip earlier also about how to tell the red,white colors of meat from the outside.  I did remember to look at the backside of the fishes collar, I guessed it to be a pale color, later when cleaned and iced it was confirmed as a white king salmon.    It was fun for sure and wish you all could have gone along.   Thanks for watching.    Now it's bbq time. 👌

gstours

Just my luck, the weather improved and then they closed the season,  it's still alright 🤗

Ron Jones

That cat has the right idea!
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

54bullseye

Boy Gary you sure do have a slice of paradise you live in !!! Fishing we can only dream of !! Good for you.  John Taylor

David Hall

Just what I needed to fire me up before our salmon season opens their next Saturday!  I'm just about ready to go!  Few small details, test and confirm my downrigger operations are fully functional.  Get the rest of my gear on-board.  I'm pumped!

Newell Nut

Beautiful place to fish and a very nice catch. Thanks for the video.

Dwight

Reel 224

Very nice! That was a lot of grunting going on. ;D ;D ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

gstours

Thanks for the grunting reminder,   If I could only remember,  make it for the video?  It's what I was after,  like a good fisherman,  just one more.?... it's always panda monium,  you can sit there for days and wait, and think 🤔 of home, and how you are wasting your.  Then magic happens.   Remember when you got married? I can't go to the details on much of that,  I'm,getting too old.💏🕶💥💥💥🤞💥

gstours

Some times when we go fishing, things get out of control.  But if we sit on the dock and wait, heaven can pass you by.  It's a balance of staying married and going to hell in a handbasket.  Now I got the time to mow the lawn, and smile 😊,  I cannot wait for summer.   🎣💏💥🤗

Donnyboat

Thanks Gary, nice fish alright, that woddy sure removed the lure from his mouth, Gary I was watching the video, was a bit hard to see, but it looked like you have a good finger grip on your rod above the reel, if that is so, what a great idea, could you show a photo of it, there is possibly plenty of rod like it but the first that I have seen, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

gstours

Mr. Donnyboat, thanks for sharing your thoughts and question.  Yes most of my rods are modified to be specific for a certain use.  The rod in this clip is a Okuma Celilo x heavy, shorten the tip by 6 inches.
   The foregrip is about 14 inches and hypalon.  The finger grip grooves are put in to improve your grip on a damp day, and with scent oil on the grip.  It is easy to do, and is comfortable indexing you're fingers without having to grip and squeeze the fore end for my use.
   The rod has a slickbutt as well as this aids in getting it out of the rod holder when the fish is running.
I can show you all more soon, as I take more spacific pictures if you're interested.🚣‍♀️

Maxed Out

Very cool stuff Gary

I will try and get some pics of the collar to show everyone what to look for. We get several shades of king meat. Our king season isn't till mid July

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Ron Jones

Thanks for that review, Gary. I've been looking long and hard at that rod, and it will be mynext purchase. I'll bolt my Marlin Special to it an give halibu and lings heck his year.
Rn Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"