Advice for accurate tern

Started by JonPHangler, April 01, 2019, 12:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonPHangler

Hi guys, I'm planning to get the Accurate Tern 400x for jigging but I'm having a hard time searching for reviews. Is the reel good? Any comments that could help me decide if either to get it or not. I'm replacing my torium due to the drag problem. Im only getting 9-10lbs which the site said it has 17lbs. Anyway I saw a post regarding the drag on the tern not reaching what is said on their site. I know that the tern have a 30lbs max on paper and actually I don't use that much drag for the type of fishing i do. Maybe as long as it can reach 15-20lbs it's okay for as long as the 15-20lbs drag is not on full drag setting or lock drag i want to have some room to adjust when i set it on the 15-20 range drag. Sorry for the long post and for my bad grammar. Thanks in advance. Hope you guys can help and give me skme advice thanks again

JRD

There are a large number of "complaints" out there and few reviews.  I put quotation marks because you never know the motives of internet posters.  I'm watching the reel to buy myself and the negatives I have heard so far are,

1.  Not hitting the posted drag numbers.  Many have been resolved by returning the reel to Accurate.  The speculation is too much drag grease.

2.  People were not used to the engagement lever which on this reel takes a very positive push to engage or disengage.  Similar to the Pro Gear V series but maybe needing more "push."

3.  People trying to hit more than 20lbs of drag and bottoming out their star.

4.  Design, some guys complain about no clamp and the unfinished look.

I think it's first run bugs being worked out and there maybe a few that didn't get QC`d well enough.  The other side is there are hundreds of the reels out and we are not hearing from the guys that love them.

Read here:   https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/tern-300-review.711768/