First fish on my microlite!

Started by Cubby1973, April 03, 2019, 11:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cubby1973

Little chilly, but got this little guy on first cast! Then proceeded to get a ton of bluegills!

Thanks
Jeff

Ron Jones

I love erh for breakfast, and catfish bait.
Enjoy
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

festus

Nice catch! Bet the largemouth put up a fight.

What's that golden yellow rod you have there?  Eagle Claw?

At first glance I thought those 'gills were laying on a pizza box and undersized like the ones down at my neighbor's pond..  ::)  Upon further inspection and putting on my reading glasses, they're perfect eating size!

Cubby1973

Quote from: festus on April 03, 2019, 11:39:13 PM
Nice catch! Bet the largemouth put up a fight.

What's that golden yellow rod you have there?  Eagle Claw?

At first glance I thought those 'gills were laying on a pizza box and undersized like the ones down at my neighbor's pond..  ::)  Upon further inspection and putting on my reading glasses, they're perfect eating size!

Yes. Eagle Claw featherlite. Very nice rod. I'm sure not as good as 20 or 30 years ago, but still nice.

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

FlipFlopRepairShoppe

Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of wise men. Instead, seek what they sought. -Matsuo Basho

Midway Tommy

Well done! Them 'gills will be tasty!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

nagant

Nice bunch of fish and a cool fishing rig.
Brice

Decker

How do you prepare the sunnies (assuming you plan to eat them)?  I used to eat them when I was a kid, but not in a long time.

Cubby1973

Quote from: Decker on April 04, 2019, 07:36:32 PM
How do you prepare the sunnies (assuming you plan to eat them)?  I used to eat them when I was a kid, but not in a long time.

I fillet both sides. Not into eating boned in.