Cleaning 2-Part UNMIXED Epoxy

Started by sundancer, April 10, 2019, 03:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: sundancer on April 11, 2019, 03:10:27 PM
Quote from: Dominick on April 11, 2019, 02:24:31 AM
Love it.  Lot's of experience on this site.  Dominick

x2 Dom

I love the idea of a syringe in the cap..  or the thing from Voodoo:  https://voodoorods.com/products/syringe-insert-kit

both solve the issue completely..

Gents - I owe you all a Beer - Thank you
Steve

I'm coming down to collect.  Dominick (someday)
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

Quote from: Swami805 on April 10, 2019, 04:04:34 PM
If I understand you want to use the empty syringes with rod finish?  There might be a way but I don't think it's worth the risk with syringes being so cheap. All your thread work down the drain if the finish doesn't set up right

I'm agree here, only acetone cuts the epoxy and it's a #### as far as another uneccessary health risk.
Syringes are cheap pennies apiece.

oc1

You can wipe it away with vinegar.  That's what I use as an epoxy hand cleaner if needed.  It's not as effective as acetone but easier and safer to handle.

Vinegar works because epoxy is very alkaline.
-steve

sundancer

As the Voodoo Plugs/Syringes are on the way, my issue is resolved, but I will keep the of need of using Acetone and/or Vinegar as a possibility
Miles to go.....,

Fishy247

Acetone doesn't tend to play too well with most plastics in my experience. I've never tried the vinegar, I'll have to check it out. I use denatured alcohol to clean up clear coat epoxy messes. It seems to break it down fairly easily without damage to what's underneath. Once the epoxy is cured, however, it doesn't seem to do so good...