Newell S 332-5

Started by Marco450r, April 18, 2019, 10:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marco450r

Does any body know what other gears fit my newell S332-5 i would like to put 4.6 4.8 gears on it or what other gear ratios and from what reels would be a direct fit Does any body know of rhe 500 series gears fit the 300 series

Newell Nut

The 400, 300 and 200 series gears interchange. Choices are 5 speed and 3.6. The 5 speed is slightly less than a five speed.

Dwight

Marco450r

Quote from: Newell Nut on April 18, 2019, 10:47:07 PM
The 400, 300 and 200 series gears interchange. Choices are 5 speed and 3.6. The 5 speed is slightly less than a five speed.

Dwight
Thats good to know How about from Penn what gears are interchangeable if any Thanks

Bryan Young

Penn jig master (500/501) fits without modifications.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Marco450r

Is that the same Gear ratio Bryan or is it different

Swami805

I think there's a 4-1 that came in a few, the M's and the T's ?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

They are the same gear ratio as Newell's 4:1 gear ratio (actually 3.6:1).
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Fishead

Will the 5:1 penn jig master gears fit if I want to keep it at the faster ratio?
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

Bryan Young

The main gear will fit but you would need to use the Newell pinion gear or take the ring off the PENN pinion gear and braze it tack weld it to the PENN pinion gear.

Fishead

If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!