Beautiful Fenwick 670 130lb class with a surprise

Started by 1badf350, April 18, 2019, 11:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

Every once in a while something unexpected comes along that makes your heart skip a beat. My heart skipped many beats when a saw this combo. She arrived today. I will let you guys figure out what the surprise is! 😝
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

54bullseye

Wasn't no surprise who got it you lucky son of a gun !!!!!!   ;D    John Taylor

Tightlines667

First Gen 12/0 in great condition to boot.  

Nice combo!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

philaroman

Alto Mare

Nice Chris, just like the one on Jaws.
I have two of the same in new condition, but mine are 80's.
I sold the 130 a while back.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Donnyboat

Who or how did you get it Chris, looks to be in great order, did you do any work on the rod or reel before you took the photo, you deserve it Chris, your always helping us on this forum enjoy, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

1badf350

Thanks guys!
Donny don't sweet talk me like that you make me blush 😘 LOL
I didn't do anything special before the picture other than wipe the dust off.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Donnyboat

Chris I thought only young people blush, know I mean it, your OHANA for sure, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

The Great Maudu

Love those Mildrum "High Tower" guides. Great find.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

steelfish

sooo, what was the surprise?

a combo that was never used?  the rod looks like it was made yesterday

The Baja Guy

Penn Chronology

QuoteEvery once in a while something unexpected comes along that makes your heart skip a beat. My heart skipped many beats when a saw this combo. She arrived today. I will let you guys figure out what the surprise is! 😝

That rig would have stopped me dead in my tracks. A mint 1940's First gen 12/0 on a mint Jaws Rod. I cannot see the logic of putting those two classics together; but, I can relate the Heart Stopping moment. Congrats Chris on the Home Run find. Hope you did not have to sell your Ferrari to buy it. ;D ;D ;D

1badf350

Thanks Mike! No Ferrari's were involved. I just noticed I made a rookie mistake when reassembling it for the photo. The rod and reel shipped separately. I got so excited to take the pictures I forgot to install the rod clamp and brace!
-Chris

Penn Chronology

QuoteThanks Mike! No Ferrari's were involved. I just noticed I made a rookie mistake when reassembling it for the photo. The rod and reel shipped separately. I got so excited to take the pictures I forgot to install the rod clamp and brace!

You are not the only one to forget the rod clamp..................