Penn Reels ashtrays

Started by 1badf350, April 27, 2019, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

Does anyone else collect Penn ashtrays? Brian Purrone gave me a handful of them in various colors.
If you have any different ones post them in this thread. If you see any others try to get a picture and post here too.

Here are three different shades of green

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

1badf350

This is a nicely mottled one from the New England Sportsmen's Show
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

1badf350

This is my favorite one from Duvall's Sporting Goods Red Knob Tackle, but they seemingly spelled Knob wrong
This is the only one that doesnt say "Compliments and Good Luck" on the backside.
-Chris

1badf350

The one on the right i think is the most commonly seen black "Depend On Penn".
I've not seen a blank one like the one on the left before.
-Chris

Swami805

That's a nice side line for your collection, not likely there's a lot of those around. I wonder if they ever made Penn Zippo lighters?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

54bullseye

Really nice Chris !!! I have never seen all those colors !   John Taylor

Reel 224

I would like one for my shop in any Color. How can I get one?

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Maxed Out

Quote from: Reel 224 on April 28, 2019, 12:01:00 AM

Joe

Hi Joe, I just saw one on eBay for $15 which is average price for the common ones
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

milne

Nice Chris,   Great score....
               The Penn extra's list just keeps growing !

Col

oc1

Quote from: Swami805 on April 27, 2019, 10:05:41 PM
I wonder if they ever made Penn Zippo lighters?
I've been looking for one for a few years, but nada.  You can get Zippos made with any logo you want for about thirty-five bucks.  But they won't let you infringe on someones trademark.  Not legally, anyway.

There are some ABU lighters from the late 1990's but I suspect they were not sanctioned in Sweden.  There are some Zippo's marked "Ideal Fishing Float Co., Inc  Richmond, Virginia" from about 1957. There are some modern ones marked "Calcutta" with the Calcutta fishing tackle skull and cross-bones logo and some marked "Filson" like the sporting goods.  Haven't seen much else.
-steve

Reel 224

Quote from: Maxed Out on April 28, 2019, 12:20:09 AM
Quote from: Reel 224 on April 28, 2019, 12:01:00 AM

Joe

Hi Joe, I just saw one on eBay for $15 which is average price for the common ones

Thank You..............Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

1badf350

Found these pictures on line. 
-Chris

Reel 224

No luck on E-Bay.................Joe

broadway

Joe, send me your address in a PM please.
Dom

Gfish

Pretty cool. So which Penn model side-plate could you make an ashtray outta?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!