Main Menu

Hello from UK

Started by Nipper, April 29, 2019, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipper

Hello, All.

I have been an angler since the mid 1970s and live in an area of the UK where I have good access to sea fishing and coarse & game fishing are available to me only what many of you would consider a relatively short drive away. Whilst I own much new tackle and am fully appreciative of its great virtues I am also a keen user and collector of vintage tackle: which in my case means mainly 50s to 80s. I have been servicing and maintaining fishing reels for many years now and still get a buzz from getting an old and possibly badly cared for reel to run about as well as it could reasonably be expected to. Also, some of the reactions I get from other anglers when I'm using the vintage stuff can be fun. Looking around here I was immediately struck by it being just the kind of site for me and I hope to get involved and hopefully contribute.

Cheers,

DAVE.

Tiddlerbasher

Dave welcome - Chris, UK :)
Where are you buddy?

Nipper

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on April 29, 2019, 08:06:50 PM
Dave welcome - Chris, UK :)
Where are you buddy?

Hi, Chris.

Wirral : almost an island as they say. Where are you, Chris ?

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

gstours

Welcome,  when you can, send us some pictures.  Scenery and fishn stuff 🎣🚣‍♀️👋

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Captain64-200

Fred from Biarritz ,

conchydong

Welcome, I am sure you will enjoy this site and once you get a feel for the members, you will realize this place is different from other fishing/hunting sites as the folks here really go out of their way to help each other out.

Scott

Dominick

Glad to have you on board.  Dominick, San Mateo, CA
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

As you can see Dave these are a great bunch of guys (and girls)
Oh I'm on the Thames estuary by the way - I have very fond memories of the Wirral :)

Alto Mare

Welcome Dave! You will like it here!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Nipper

Thanks for the great welcome guys.  :)

foakes

Welcome aboard, Dave!

From the Sierras of California.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Benni3

Welcome from Virginia ,,,,, ;D