Main Menu

FLYING FISH LURES

Started by Dominick, October 15, 2011, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Hi Alan Tani members.  I purchased a couple of flying fish lures and thought I would post some pictures, since I re-rigged one of them.  I changed the hook pattern from the bottom of the lure to coming out of the top and adding on a trailing double hook.  I intend to use the lure for kite fishing if all works out when I get down to Cabo.  Enjoy.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

dom, if i can get you out for local albacore, will you bring those along?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Alan: the answer in a couple of words, heck yeah :).

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wallacewt

oh boy, do keep us posted.

alantani

i have tuesday off, but i still have 20 reels in line.  someone has to come up with a bite on monday, then we will run on tuesday.  dom, you game?

Dominick

I'm in.  PM me the particulars.  I can come down and do some reels with you tomorrow.  Altough I an only familiar with Penns.  Dominick

Alto Mare

Quote from: Pescachaser on October 16, 2011, 09:25:49 PM
I'm in.  PM me the particulars.  I can come down and do some reels with you tomorrow.  Altough I an only familiar with Penns.  Dominick

That is  great for you to volunteer, but I think that Alan is fixing the reels.....not braking them. ;D ;D

Have a great time Dominick. Don't forget to bring the camera...I would love to see some shots. Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

ok, duane winter got them 50 nm from half moon bay, at 37.12 and 123.30.  water looks good for tuesday.  boats are running tomorrow.  dom, i'm gonna need help re-rigging the boat.  roger, you too.  jonathan will round out our crew. 

wallacewt

Bryan Young

Go get em guys.  Man, I wish I was there.  I'd be game for a run.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 17, 2011, 12:33:04 PM
Go get em guys.  Man, I wish I was there.  I'd be game for a run.

Ditto!  Tight lines and bent rods to you guys......... 8)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

alantani

sorry, guys, had to bag out.  too much going on right now.   :-[

wallacewt

just to add to all things weird and wonderful.
7oz resin prawn (shrimp)
added my own hooks
jig the lure backwards,instead of forward
ill give it a try next trip.

Dominick

Wallace:  They sure have ugly shrimp in Australia ;D.  Maybe that's the secret to catching fish down under, throw ugly shrimp at them.  good luck and report in.  Dominick

Bryan Young

Quote from: alantani on October 16, 2011, 03:31:40 AM
i have tuesday off, but i still have 20 reels in line.  someone has to come up with a bite on monday, then we will run on tuesday.  dom, you game?
Sorry I cannot help Alan.  End of November I'll be back and hope to be back to help in high gear.  Although I love traveling, I do hate the paperwork involved with traveling for work.

Hope you can get out soon as the temps are still good.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D