Black 3/0, with 5-stack

Started by Crow, May 26, 2019, 02:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

I just tore down a 3/0 (black) and was surprised to find a 5-stack drag.....2 thin "black", and 3 brown "fiber" washers, and of course, 2 "eared metals, and 3 "keyed" metals. I ordered the HT-100 set from Mystic, plus the 2 extra fiber, and the extra metals....but...the "replacement stack is too tall for the main gear ! So, do I need something "thinner", as to the cf washers...or, the metal washers ?  Or, an entirely different set up ? I understand that the "top" metal (keyed), and the "top" cf actually set above the gear, but, I can't get the "top" eared washer to engage the slots in the gear well......things are just a "bit" too thick !............Thanks !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Swami805

The ones that were in it were thinner material I'm thinking. Try the metal washers that were in it originally with the new fiber washers, see if that helps
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

Measure the thickness of each of the drag washers, including the metal. They should be 0.5 mm thick for a total of 5 mm thick compressed. If not, they will not fit into the gear. This is why I cam up with my Ultimate Upgrade Drag Kit for that reel also available from Mystic Reel Parts.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Darin Crofton

I have one of Bryan's 5+1 kits in mine and it's awesome!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

RowdyW

Crow, you need 6-60 CF drag washers (5 of them) which are thinner then the 113 washers.     Rudy

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !