New Member from SF Bay Area

Started by jon_elc, June 07, 2019, 06:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon_elc

Hello !

New member here.  I started fishing trout around the bay area when I was around 6.  moved on to bass and bluegills as a teen in the 80s.  I just started fishing again this year (seriously, this is the 2 time in my life that I bought a fishing license, it's been THAT long) via crabsnaring and plan to add small rockfish, surf perch, and stripers to my quest.  While I bought some new Penn spinning reels this, I am resurrecting some vintage gear I found in the garage like a vintage surf rod that has a Varmac wooden handle/butt with chrome guides, Ambassadeur 5500C, and Penn 920.

see you out there!
jon_elc

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

El Pescador

jon_elc!

Welcome to the site!!!

Let us know where in the SF Bay Area you are located,

I live in San Mateo, and get together often with Dominick to talk fishing stuff out in his garage.

If you enjoy wine, we enjoy a splash of the vine from time to time.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

happyhooker

Greetings, Jon, from Minnesota.

Frank

alantani

and i'm in saratoga.  welcome!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Welcome from Philadelphia, Jon!
Enjoy your stay.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Brewcrafter

Welcome!  You have found and awesome group of fishing folks, that are here to help!

David Hall

welcome aboard Jon,
Dave from San Jose

Tiddlerbasher

Hi & welcome from the UK - Chris

Donnyboat

Good to have you with us Jon, cheers Don, from sunny Western Australia.
Don, or donnyboat

Captain64-200

Fred from Biarritz ,

sabaman1

JIM

bhale1

Welcome Jon,
Brett from Tucson, Az.