What reel ?

Started by Captain64-200, June 08, 2019, 06:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natch!

I dug out the box for my 5S and it says 11.3oz/320g.
I don't have a good scale for measuring small weights but the reel feels to be well under a pound.

Jack

philaroman

Okuma is notorious for box/paperwork/release misprints...  I have a spinner box where the line capacities are plastered over w/ a sticker & "corrected" numbers are dead-wrong, too

Captain64-200

Quote from: natch! on June 09, 2019, 08:43:29 PM
I dug out the box for my 5S and it says 11.3oz/320g.
I don't have a good scale for measuring small weights but the reel feels to be well under a pound.

Jack

OK ,thanks ,  I'm just reading this on the official Okuma page ,may be new models are heavier 

Fred from Biarritz ,

SoCalAngler

Quote from: Keta on June 09, 2019, 03:25:12 PM
The quality of Taiwanese goods is more consistent than those made in the PRC.

Most of the Taiwanese built goods are in fact made in the PRC but with over site of the Taiwanese. Look at the land cost in Taiwan and try to build a factory anywhere. Then build roads, get power to a factory and a work force to work there. I'm not saying it could not be done but the reality is most likely it is not going to happen.

philaroman

and yet it's been happening for a couple decades

natch!

I put my 5S on Alan's postal scale after spooling 500+ yards of braid and got 17.75 ounces.

Jack

Captain64-200

Quote from: natch! on June 13, 2019, 06:49:07 PM
I put my 5S on Alan's postal scale after spooling 500+ yards of braid and got 17.75 ounces.

Jack

Thanks Jack , that's 503 grams ,way too heavy for my kind of rods .

I'll stick with the tranx 301HGA OR the Lexa HD-slp 300 , but I 've not choosen which one yet ... ???
Fred from Biarritz ,

Captain64-200

Fred from Biarritz ,