Physical Therapy

Started by Maxed Out, June 18, 2019, 02:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Last winter I had fluid in my elbow that caused havic with my tendons and eventually got to where I could barely use my hand. Cold weather and shoveling snow kept it from getting better. finally just took it easy for a couple weeks and slowly getting better. My yard was a mess after all the winter storms, and been slowly working away at it. I enjoy the back yard the most and it is always evolving and the work has been good therapy for my arm and hand and mindset.

I have lots of custom reel parts needing to go to anodize. Hope to get back on that horse this fall after local salmon season ends.

....Here is my place of therapy. it was a bald steep hillside 15 years ago when I started the transformation. It's still a work in progress

Ted

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

PacRat

Nice work! Looks like it keeps you busy.

Gfish

"Dude!" Beautiful, especially the color combos.
As people age the immune system generally weakens. Don't know what to do about it. I'm on very low dose steroids that are immune surpressors and I'm really startin to build up alot of minor to moderate medical problems after 20 yrs. of it. Then again, I don't know how bad off I'd be without the 'roids...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Swami805

Nice work Ted. Is that a dwarf maple in the very front of the picture? What's that conifer right behind it? From what I can see you've put a lot of time and thought into your yard, patience too!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oc1

Wow.  Just wow.  That's stunning Ted.  Aches and pains suck but you have to work around them.
-steve

Crow

Super job of landscaping !!  Here you are using your "greenery" FOR physical therapy....and doing the work in MY "greenery" has put me IN physical therapy !! But, the "greenery" is sure good "therapy" for the mind !

Here's one of the beds (there are 12, all told), alas, the bloom is done, for the year, but....the work remains  :D
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

Looks fantastic, Ted!

Just shows another of your many talents...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

Beautiful picture.  In case you nave not realized it, yards are always a work in progress, and will remain so forever.

Frank

AC49

Ted it is good to have a place of therapy. Keep up the good work my friend  :)
Looking good !!

Regards
AC49

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Ted, you can add landscape artist to your resume.  Beautiful work!

Maxed Out

Quote from: Swami805 on June 18, 2019, 05:02:14 AM
Nice work Ted. Is that a dwarf maple in the very front of the picture? What's that conifer right behind it? From what I can see you've put a lot of time and thought into your yard, patience too!

Yes Sheridan, there's a couple Japanese maple trees amongst the jungle. The conifer in foreground is some kind of weeping fir tree. It loves to grow down the hill along the ground.

The hardest part was installing the retaining walls. 23 different levels spanning 120', and over 2800 blocks and 80+ bags of crushed rock. Nowadays I would not attempt such a project. I'd rather be fishing
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

swill88

Really nice work!  Ted, thanks for showing us.

Steve