Lake Almanor Hexagenia

Started by theswimmer, June 19, 2019, 11:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

Well it appears I missed by week .
I was at the cabin for almost 2 weeks and we came home  last night.
Great time,. 16 family members in the same spot .

Not a lot of fish with the full moon ,  no hex hatch yet  to speak of and today my bud Todd ,
who lives in Chester  , calls me and the statement is,
" Comeback  , Now ."
Just called the boss for a couple more days off.

I'm going anyways , fire me , just packed the ice chest ...
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Gfish

Cool! On the lake or in the river, or both?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

David Hall

That's the spirit.  Work sucks, it always gets in the way of fishing.

theswimmer

Quote from: Gfish on June 20, 2019, 12:30:55 AM
Cool! On the lake or in the river, or both?

Fished the lake alot ,also fished the Feather , Yellow Creek , Butt Creek and some smaller stuff .
Had the best luck fishing Butt Lake with small hexes . Also was decent from High Bridge on up .
We were catching fish , just working real hard and putting alot of time in for any results.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Headed back North in about 30 minutes .
Trying to get the 7 yo grandson some food .....

Errol Flynn

El Pescador

Jonathan!!!!

BINGO!!!   LUV HEX Hatch time on Lake Almanor and/or Fall River.

Here in 1996, I caught my first slab side Rainbow during a Hex hatch, and it was well past DARK, then doing short strip retrieves,

BANG!!!!  FISH ON!!!! 

HEX nymph was 2" long, and just great fishing from sunset to well past dark.

Don't loose my cell number when you are heading up to the hills next time.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Gfish

Always loved Butt Lake and Creek, a little more isolated version of the Lake Almanor/Feather River area. I tried float-tubing Fall River once, bad plan.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!