I have to apologize!

Started by chockpish, June 21, 2019, 05:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chockpish

I have been on this site for quite a while now! I was going over my old post, and realized that I never said thank you for accepting me on the forum! Once again I am sorry for not doing so! Better late than never! Thank you for all the knowledge than I have gained, I have learned so much and the best of all, the ability to believe in myself and take on reel repair as a hobby! You have given me the confidence to work on older reels and knowing if I need an answer to a problem I can always find it here! Once again I apologize for the late thank you and thank you having me as a member!

Tight lines, good fishing and be safe!
Mike!
Tight lines, be safe, fish hsard!

Bryan Young

Welcome Mike.  No apologies necessary.  Glad the site has helped you out.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

RowdyW

Your Welcome & Welcome  ;D       Rudy

Dominick

You're welcome.  Although an apology was not necessary.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Crow

It's a great place to learn ! Show us some of your "stuff'!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

chockpish

I have been working on some Mitchell 300's, 400's and one DAM Quick 330! Which have come out really well! I learned everything on this site regarding those reels! One thing that amazes me is the quality of those reels! Reels that are 40,50,60 years old, and all they need for the most part is a good cleaning! Compared to newer reels, with good maintenance, maybe will last 10 years! I have some reels that are about ten years old and are starting to show a lot of wear! I fish Striped Bass almost exclusively, except for some Broke trout in early spring! I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet! I'm an old dog, and sometimes it's hard for me to learn new tricks! I'll ask my daughter to help me out with that! I have lots of pictures from the reels I've done! The one thing I learned here is, take a lot of pictures as you disassemble a reel! It has save my but quite a few times! When you wait for parts to come in, and the reel sits there for a while, I forget how it goes back together! With the pictures, reassembly is easy, peasy! Once again thank you all for your knowledge! Pictures are to be coming soon!

foakes

Keep posting, Mike!

Glad to have you onboard.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crow

I can sure relate to "old dogs, new tricks, and lots of pictures", but the best asset I've discovered is the "helpful folks" on this site !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Welcome from Virginia,,,,,,, ;D

Alto Mare

No need to apologize Mike!
Post away... oh and welcome back.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

happyhooker

Greetings, Mike, from Minnesota, USA.  Lots of folks here are into old Mitchells & DAM Quicks.

Frank

chockpish

I'm all about respect! That is why I apologize! I've been working retail for over 20 years! For those ho work or have worked retail respect goes a very long way! I respect all the knowledge on this site, and to receive respect you have to give respect!

George6308

Be very careful with this site it's highly addictive!
Welcome

AC49

Welcome Mike

From Cape Town South Africa

Regards
AC49

chockpish

George6308, to late! Already hooked!