6/20/19 Santa Barbara 6-Pack on the Finaddict 41' Radon. Great boat & crew!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, June 23, 2019, 01:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: MarkT on June 23, 2019, 08:29:43 PM
Looks like fun. I didn't know Radon even made a 41!

It was a blast.  I believe that Captain Klein helped develop and finance the mold, and this is the first and possibly the only one so far.  He designed the boat to be everything that he wanted a boat to be for So. Cal fishing, and it is the best laid out and equipped boat of that size that I have ever been on.

Benni3

Hardy Boy

Todd

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bhale1

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Benni3 on June 24, 2019, 12:33:42 AM
What gear did you use,,,,, ;D

Benni, I used a 16 oz. glow in the dark Octopus that had a head like a golf ball with a big wad of squid on my bottom hook, and just a big 10/0 hook with a whole squid on my top hook.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Hardy Boy on June 24, 2019, 03:01:33 AM
Thats a nice double header ! good job Randy !

Todd

Thank you Todd.  I know that those are babies by your British Columbia standards, but they are nice lings for So. Cal.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Dominick on June 24, 2019, 03:30:15 AM
That double header must have been fun.  Dominick

It was a blast Dominick.  I really thought that I had a big one.  They must have had some synchronized swimming training because they ripped some heavy drag a couple of times.   It was a long way up as we were fishing 400' with a fast drift so I probably had 500' or more of line out, and I was sweating that it would come unbuttoned all of the way up.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: bhale1 on June 24, 2019, 05:04:17 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on June 24, 2019, 12:33:42 AM
What gear did you use,,,,, ;D
x 2 Randy.... did you use some of your own inspired reels?
Brett

I wish that I was Brett, but I was using one of the boats outfits.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Maxed Out on June 23, 2019, 02:05:03 AM

Nice job on double hookup of good eating size lings. Bet it was a fun fight. How deep were you fishing ??

Thank you Ted.  It was a long way up.  We were fishing 400' but it was a fast drift and I probably had 500' of line out.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Swami805 on June 23, 2019, 02:07:28 AM
Nice fish Randy, that's a heck of a pair!

Thank you Sheridan.  I wish that you were there.  You would love the boat.  Looking forward to fishing with you Wednesday.

Caranx

I was just going to ask you for some pics of the boat.
Beautiful Radon!!!

scrinch

Dominick

Great idea of rails on the swimming platform.  That is one nice boat.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

wow, I barely can imagina a double hook-up with those big ones, great times for sure

that boat looks pretty good
The Baja Guy