Should I buy a Penn Senator 10/0

Started by Surf Slayer, June 26, 2019, 10:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Demetrius, asking these guys whether or not you should buy a reel, let alone a Senator, will only cost you more money.....we probably have 1/3 of the total production of Penn Senators tied up in this group  ;D.....but hey "you cant take it (money) with you when you die".....this is probably why I have so many myself  ;).....The 10/0 is a great reel, you will not be disappointed.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Surf Slayer

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on June 27, 2019, 10:08:18 PM
Demetrius, asking these guys whether or not you should buy a reel, let alone a Senator, will only cost you more money.....we probably have 1/3 of the total production of Penn Senators tied up in this group  ;D.....but hey "you cant take it (money) with you when you die".....this is probably why I have so many myself  ;).....The 10/0 is a great reel, you will not be disappointed.....Bill

hahaha good to know. I'm glad for all of yall's knowledge. I had read some conflicting things about the 10/0, but y'all have put my mind to ease about it.
your right about not being able to take it with you! I.m here for a good time not a long time. probably why i'm so interested in big shark fishing. Ill let you know if I am able to get it. God only knows how much money ill spend upgrading it once I get it. I can't help myself from tinkering with things.

Alto Mare

Yup! We love our Penn Senator around here.
Here are just a couple of mine:🙂

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2493.msg15855#msg15855
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Surf Slayer

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 27, 2019, 11:32:58 PM
Yup! We love our Penn Senator around here.
Here are just a couple of mine:🙂

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2493.msg15855#msg15855

You can't go wrong with a classic. That's a beautiful collection you have there! one day.....

Surf Slayer

I am now the proud owner of a penn senator 10/0! Can't wait to get it cleaned up.

Surf Slayer

It came with this custom rod. Don't know anything about it though. Don't even know it's line rating.

RowdyW

When you take it apart soak the spool in white vinegar for a half hour or so & then wash it down with a mix of baking soda and warm water. That will get rid of the corrosion and neutralize the vinegar.

Surf Slayer

Quote from: RowdyW on June 30, 2019, 12:29:12 AM
When you take it apart soak the spool in white vinegar for a half hour or so & then wash it down with a mix of baking soda and warm water. That will get rid of the corrosion and neutralize the vinegar.

Thank you!  I was just about to search the site for the best method to clean the spool. I'll have to try this out

Bill B

Congratulations on one of the Big Boys....and Welcome to the Darkside....looks like we have another one  ;D. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Rivverrat

Congrats ! Spool is one piece & pretty clean.  For money spent a very nice score... Jeff

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

thorhammer

Pretty sure that's  a solid glas blank- I'd think you can run 80 nor 100 on that reel pretty easy with it. Nice reel!

Alto Mare

I'm glad you got it.
It is worth it, but not if you start replacing parts to make it pretty.
Leave it as is after a good cleaning, upgrade the drags and gear sleeve and go get yourself a trophy shark. :)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Crow

Congratulations on your purchase !! I've *dreamed* about a "big Penn", for a long time ! Can't justify one, can't afford one, don't "need" one, but I sure as heck WANT one !!!LOL !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

thorhammer

FYI, Crow, "justify" is a four-letter word on this forum and violates the 12 Year Old rule.... ;D