PENN 6/0 and 9/0 Stainless Steel Sleeve

Started by Black Pearl, June 28, 2019, 02:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

We just finished and released this Penn Senator 60 and 9/0 stainless steel sleeve.

- 416 stainless steel with heat treated.
- 10 tooth ratchet
- Stainless steel pin included
- $38.00 + $1.50 shipping within the continental USA (Hawaii and Alaska included)
- https://squareup.com/market/pro-challenger-llc

Rivverrat

This is nice. I'm really starting to think any thing bigger than an upgraded 9/0 is a "REEL " dinosaur... Jeff   

thorhammer

Jeff,

If you haven't held a full aluminum 9/0 with upgrades on internals and handle....you would be even more convinced. I'm certain mine could fish 130 braid with 130 topshot and I'd sweat way more than the reel. I've 100 braid and 80 topper, and with this sleeve a stock reel would fish that just fine...I'm not sure you could possibly break one in a stand-up situation.

xjchad

The 9/0 is one of the next reels on my bucket list!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Benni3

Quote from: thorhammer on June 28, 2019, 03:15:10 PM
Jeff,

If you haven't held a full aluminum 9/0 with upgrades on internals and handle....you would be even more convinced. I'm certain mine could fish 130 braid with 130 topshot and I'd sweat way more than the reel. I've 100 braid and 80 topper, and with this sleeve a stock reel would fish that just fine...I'm not sure you could possibly break one in a stand-up situation.
you are right,,,,, :D I got 100 braid and 80 top shot on my 9/0 I think 130 top shot is a better idea,,,,,,, ;D