Penn senator drag upgrade question

Started by williamsak, June 28, 2019, 06:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

williamsak

Hey all. New to this forum. So I see people have suggested a few upgrades etc... I have 2 penn senator 9/0 and a 6/0. I'm looking to upgrade the drag on them and hopefully get somewhere near 40-45lbs if possible. Where would you suggest is the best place to buy the kit for this for someone that is on a budget?

RowdyW

Welcome, introduce yourself in the welcome section. Contact Adam in the dealers section. He has a great drag insert kit that will fit the 114H & 115 9/0. Both use the same kit.     Rudy

Donnyboat

Gee wiz Wil, 45Lbs of drag, you will have to strap yourself into the boat, If your targeting sharks, you will need more upgrades, good luck cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Shark Hunter

It is possible to get those numbers out of a 9/0, but You will have to open your wallet.
The regular posts can't take that much and the frame will twist and the reel will self terminate.
Look in the senator Section on builds from Sal. It starts with an Aluminum Frame, Stainless Sleeve and insert kit.
Life is Good!

Bill B

Will, 45 lbs is pretty stout...even for the 9/0.   Can it be done...yes.....can it be done on a budget....no....will you be fishing stand up or in a chair or rail?  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

i use 40 pounds at strike in a two speed makaira 50 or international 50 visx.  i would think it would be nearly impossible to crank with a single speed senator. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!