Simple Green Extreme Aircraft and Precision Cleaner

Started by tincanary, July 15, 2019, 10:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tincanary

Has anybody tried this variant of Simple Green?  I stumbled upon it browsing Amazon and thought I'd give it a try as I'm just about out of plain Simple Green.  What are your experiences? 

foakes

It has some pretty solid reviews — I may give it a try.

Satisfied with what I have always used —

Lacquer Thinner for HD metal degreasing —

Purple for regular metal degreasing —

Regular Simple Green for painted parts — limited time in US cleaner —

Dawn HD Dish Soap for gentle degreasing of fragile parts such as plastic, painted, or anodized —

Price, effectiveness, time, and performance need to be weighed — at least for me.

Let us know how it works on different materials.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

tincanary

Quote from: foakes on July 15, 2019, 10:31:31 PM
It has some pretty solid reviews — I may give it a try.

Satisfied with what I have always used —

Lacquer Thinner for HD metal degreasing —

Purple for regular metal degreasing —

Regular Simple Green for painted parts — limited time in US cleaner —

Dawn HD Dish Soap for gentle degreasing of fragile parts such as plastic, painted, or anodized —

Price, effectiveness, time, and performance need to be weighed — at least for me.

Let us know how it works on different materials.

Best,

Fred

Will do.  I have a 6501 that should be here tomorrow that will be my test subject.  It's supposed to be pretty good stuff.  I use Spray Away on anodized parts and it works great.  I just spray a microfiber and wipe off the crud.  I get a 4 pack of it at Costco for like $10.  Amazon usually wants $5 to $8 per can for that stuff.  It's an ammonia free glass cleaner but I've found it wonderful for reels as well.