Shimano Triton Trolling TT30 single speed parts

Started by Nauticarick, July 16, 2019, 07:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nauticarick

I'm trying to find rod clamp nuts for an ancient TT30 single speed, 1987'ish I think. I have searched the internet for schematics on this one and no luck. Even Shimano could not find one when I called. I ordered the clamp and nuts (TGT0345) for the TLD30 since this was the closest visually and schematically. Strike one. The nuts are much smaller than the bolts installed in the TT30. The bolts on my TT30 are 6 x 1.0mm. Since the TLD 50 has a different part number (TT0393) from the from the TLD 30, I assumed it would be the larger 6mm size.

Shimano does not have the schematics for my TT30 and customer service does not have specifications on those parts. My questions are:

1) Can anyone verify the bolt and thread size for the rod clamp nuts on the TLD 50?
2) Does anyone have a schematic for the TT30?
3) Does anyone have rod clamp nuts in the 6x1mm size?

Any help or guidance on this would be great. Got a 4 day trip to the Dry Tortugas in 2 weeks and this is one of those nagging last minute details.

Robert Janssen

Regular M6 nuts from the hardware store won't do? Nyloc and stainless preferably of course.

Robert Janssen

Like these.
Or maybe a couple of M6 wingnuts, or knurled knobs. Hardware store, Amazon, Ebay...

Nauticarick

The bolts for the rod clamp do not extend past the clamp itself. The sleeve type nut is required. An ss nylock would have been my go-to substitute, but the clamp is the thicker, plastic variety.

day0ne

The main problem is that is a TTS30 not a TT30. Google is your friend.

https://www.mikesreelrepair.com/content/schematics/Shimano_TTS_302C_502C_50W2C_80W.pdf

However, the schematics don't show the clamp
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Nauticarick

Thanks for the schematic. I was going by the serial number stamped on the top of the frame, TT30. This is definitely the reel. I should have the TLD 50 clamp nuts by Tuesday and will post whether or not they work.

Nauticarick

The nuts from the TLD50 fit the TTS30 studs. Shimano shipped them to me on the house since the first order was a bust.