Reel screws for AVET LX 4.6 - can someone assist me?

Started by Jon_Kol, July 21, 2019, 01:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon_Kol

Hi!

I'm trying to get hold of the screws for the reel in mention, is there any chance someone can help me out? In the past, AVET has not shipped items to Europe, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out, and send the screws to me? I will of course pay for shipping and the items.

Keta

Quote from: Jon_Kol on July 21, 2019, 01:46:06 PM
Hi!

I'm trying to get hold of the screws for the reel in mention, is there any chance someone can help me out? In the past, AVET has not shipped items to Europe, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out, and send the screws to me? I will of course pay for shipping and the items.

What part # and how many?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rivverrat

Curious, are you having any better luck with your Avets?  ...Jeff

alantani

the screws are standard imperial.  they should be readily available on line. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jon_Kol

Quote from: Keta on July 21, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Quote from: Jon_Kol on July 21, 2019, 01:46:06 PM
Hi!

What part # and how many?

Part #40, all three of them.

https://www.avetreels.net/parts/lx-series/lx-46.html?jx_46=1963

https://www.avetreels.net/parts/lx-series/lx-46/jx-lx-46-endhousing-screw-40.html

Jon_Kol

Quote from: alantani on July 22, 2019, 05:20:47 AM
the screws are standard imperial.  they should be readily available on line. 

I was hoping the measurements of the screws were listed online, but I couldn't find them. I haven't got the reel at my place, so there's no way for me to bring the reel to a tools shop and try out the dimensions.

alantani

i think it's a #6-32 size screw with a length of 0.25 inches.  check locally to see if you have them available and let me know.  the cost of postage is ridiculous.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

AJ

I measured my LX 6.0 and the screws measure out to 6/32 X 5/16.  I imagine the screws on the 4.6 are the same IMO.  If you cannot source 5/16 locally you could cut longer ones down. 

Hope this helps.

SoCalAngler

I lost one out of a SX when servicing it so I went to a old time hardware store, you know the type with many screw bins full of all the screws you may ever need. I picked up a stainless screw just like the Avet ones but it was just a tad to long. Shortened it a little with a Drimmel type tool or a file would of worked.

While in the store a guy comes up to me and says I must be a fisherman. Good guess since I was holding the reel. Lol Anyway we chatted a bit and found out he had a center console boat and loved to fish. This was about 7 years ago and I met a new friend, with a boat that I have fished with many times.

Keta

I think I have some SS Alan head screws that I replace the stock screws with.  I will check.  Otherwise I can ship the stock screws for you.

Alan, 3 should ship in a regular envelope and will only be crazy high not criminally high.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain