DAM Quick 330 line guide and braided lines...

Started by wawhoo, July 30, 2019, 12:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wawhoo

Just picked up a Quick 330 from the auction and planned to use braid with it, but before doing that I had one concern. Should I avoid using braided lines on the line guide, part #100-019 ... has anyone experienced problems with the more abrasive braids cutting into the grooves of this line guide? Thanks.
We're All DEVO !

foakes

Shouldn't be an issue...

The line guides on DQ's are made of Tungsten Carbide.

If there ever was a problem — the line guide is easy enough to replace in 2 minutes.

Welcome!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Rivverrat

The roller is carbide. As Fred states it will be no issue. The only possible problem could be the braid getting between the roller & bail. Even this shouldn't be a problem with most properly set up & functioning Quicks... Jeff

oc1

Braid is less abrasive than mono.
-steve

Rivverrat

Steve, this is true as it comes new. I have found braid picks up micro grit which is abrasive. So it's not the braid per say but the quality of water fished.

Also have found the coatings used can greatly affect how much crap the braid picks up... Jeff

oc1

Yes, it sure does get fuzzy and fluff up after a little use.
-steve

wawhoo

Great news and thanks for all the replies from all. Not too surprised with the replies, but just wanted to hear from some of the more experienced experts ! I was surprised at first, that the remains stationary and does not rotate at all, no matter how clean I tried to get it. I realize this is by design and look forward to actually using the pair of 330's that I have. I think I got everything covered by researching this awesome site. Thanks again !
We're All DEVO !