Morning Visitor

Started by gstours, July 30, 2019, 03:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

The other morning I got up as as usual made some coffee, this young boy moose was very close to the window so I captured a picture for you all. 

Usually these things are a little more spooky and somewhat wary,  Butt heres another heading for the bird feeder.

Every day is a good day ;)

steelfish

beautiful animal

thanks for posting it Gary
The Baja Guy

Ron Jones

Cool,
He'll be tasty in a couple years. For me moose is second only to elk.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

El Pescador

Ron,

My preferred wild game list:

1) Antelope backstrap

2) Grilled Elk Rump Roast

3) Venison

4) Black Bear stew

5)  Moose

That's how my taste buds tell me.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

oc1

I look just like that when I smell coffee brewing.
-steve

Donnyboat

Gee Gary you must be getting old, that boat should be on the water that time of morning, Wayne Kangaroo risols with some bacon blended in is good, & some rabbit stew is good to they call rabbit here under ground mutton, cheers Don. there will be a lot of starving birds by the time that animal gets fat enough to slaughter.
Don, or donnyboat

happyhooker

Like a lot of folks--no coffee?  I'm up for some millet.

Frank

CapeFish

Thanks for sharing! What a nice visitor to have

Alto Mare

Beautiful!...he's just begging for a doughnut :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Interesting way to start the day. A few years ago I was in Kenai and the paper had a picture of one sticking its head into a Mcdonald drive up window in Homer.

Steve-O

Grab a bit, reins and saddle up that horsey! ::)

Thanks for sharing, Gary.

BTW the Silvers are showing up ....which means I'm short timing before I'm up there.

gstours

Yes, you're right,  the boat is hi and dri,  butt safe.   We have no silvers here yet.  Starting to worry me. ???
  And the state closed non residents from retaining kings aug 1.  It's to protect the wild stocks,  hatchery kings were abundant.  So they open the commercial trolling?..?   Crazy?  I must be patient. :)
  Yesterday we spotted a spruce tree 🌲 with purple cones.  I've never seen this before.

Dominick

The tree decided to get spruced up.   ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

Quote from: El Pescador on July 30, 2019, 07:01:23 PM
Ron,

My preferred wild game list:

1) Antelope backstrap

2) Grilled Elk Rump Roast

3) Venison

4) Black Bear stew

5)  Moose

That's how my taste buds tell me.

Wayne

Everyone is enjoying the beauty of nature and Wayne wants to eat it???  :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

scrinch

Quote from: Steve-O on July 31, 2019, 01:38:52 PM
BTW the Silvers are showing up ....which means I'm short timing before I'm up there.
Yeah, I'm heading up on Sunday to Sitka for silvers and <38" halibuts.