Anodized Purple for Jigmaster

Started by jkel, August 03, 2019, 03:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkel

Any anodize purple parts out there? Looking for either one of these: frame or spool (must be for a SuperWide Jigmaster), eccentric lever or an offset handle similar to the Pro Challenger type.

I'm building this reel with my late mother's favorite colors that she wore and purple is difficult to find.

Rivverrat

If no one has anything your only option may be to take it to or ship it to a shop that does this. It's generally not cheap but if your patient & keep looking you may find someone doing a batch run & do what you need at a decent price... Jeff

SoCalAngler

If I was you I'd contact these guys first.

www.tiburonfishingreels.com

They do have purple parts for jigmaster's but I'm not exactly sure they have what your looking for.

PacRat

You need to talk to Randy Pauly at Vintage Offshore Tackle. If anyone can get it or has it...it's going to be Randy.

Alto Mare

Tiburon only had frames in purple, I have a couple.
It would have to be a custom order for you to match everything, unless you find an older Accurate reel in purple.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cortez_Conversions

I have new purple JigMaster plate sets if that's the route you want to take.

https://www.cortezconversions.com/product-page/penn-jiggmaster-side-plates

Here's a shot next to a slightly faded Accurate plate for color comparison.

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Fishy247

jkel

Quote from: PacRat on August 03, 2019, 06:37:47 AM
You need to talk to Randy Pauly at Vintage Offshore Tackle. If anyone can get it or has it...it's going to be Randy.

Yes I've emailed Randy and unfortunately he doesn't have any.

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 03, 2019, 12:34:44 PM
It would have to be a custom order for you to match everything, unless you find an older Accurate reel in purple.

Sal

Sal, if those are SuperWide frames I would like to purchase one from you.

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on August 03, 2019, 02:59:40 PM

Nice plates Tom. Is your eccentric lever compatible with the Accuplates and sold separately?

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: jkel on August 03, 2019, 05:51:08 PM
Quote from: PacRat on August 03, 2019, 06:37:47 AM

Yes I've emailed Randy and unfortunately he doesn't have any.

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 03, 2019, 12:34:44 PM

Sal

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on August 03, 2019, 02:59:40 PM

Nice plates Tom. Is your eccentric lever compatible with the Accuplates and sold separately?

The levers are compatible with Accurates. They fit the same reels as a stock lever does. At this time I'm not selling them separately. Check with Maxed Out here on the site, he may have something for you.

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

mhc

I could send you a home anodized purple 'Maxed Out' eccentric lever next time I fire up the ano bath - but I don't have a spare handle blade to fit.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Alto Mare

Quote from: jkel on August 03, 2019, 05:51:08 PM

I do not have any for sale, sorry. I'm glad Tom has some plates in purple, I really like purple and black together.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

jkel

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on August 03, 2019, 06:40:18 PM

The levers are compatible with Accurates. They fit the same reels as a stock lever does. At this time I'm not selling them separately. Check with Maxed Out here on the site, he may have something for you.

Ok thanks Tom

Quote from: mhc on August 03, 2019, 11:59:47 PM
I could send you a home anodized purple 'Maxed Out' eccentric lever next time I fire up the ano bath - but I don't have a spare handle blade to fit.

Mike

I would like to take you up on that offer, Mike. No worries about the handle since I'm mixing up the colors  :)

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 04, 2019, 12:48:34 AM

I do not have any for sale, sorry. I'm glad Tom has some plates in purple, I really like purple and black together.

Sal

No worries Sal  ;D

mhc

Quote from: jkel on August 04, 2019, 03:28:05 AM

Mike

I would like to take you up on that offer, Mike. No worries about the handle since I'm mixing up the colors  :)

No problem, it will be a week or so before I get a few other bits ready to anodizie - I'll send you a PM when it's close.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

jkel

Quote from: mhc on August 04, 2019, 05:11:19 AM
Quote from: jkel on August 04, 2019, 03:28:05 AM

Mike

No problem, it will be a week or so before I get a few other bits ready to anodizie - I'll send you a PM when it's close.

Mike

Sounds good Mike, thank you :D

jkel

Late post: here's the finished anodized lever from Mike. Very nice indeed, love it! Thanks again Mike really appreciate it! :)