Hard set of two speed reels !! Fin-Nor

Started by 54bullseye, August 04, 2019, 01:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Darin Crofton

Beautiful reels, John, thanks for sharing the great pics and info! The little 2.5 is my favorite!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Rivverrat

I always liked the looks of these on the outside.   Dont Think any one could look inside of them & not be even more impressed. Probably the first time I've seen them all together in one pic owned by the same person... Jeff

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mo65

So impressive John! Your collections rock. I collect $20 reels. :-\
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

redsetta

Incredible collection John - thanks for sharing!
There's something about the design approach of this era that feels like a 'golden age'.
QuoteThe little 2.5 is my favorite!
I agree Darin - it's a beauty!
PS The little Everol is still tucked away for ya, should you want it one day...  ;)
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

54bullseye

Quote from: mo65 on August 04, 2019, 08:34:07 PM
   So impressive John! Your collections rock. I collect $20 reels. :-\

Mo
There ain't anything wrong with $20 reels especially the way you break them down and lube them up and fix or replace any worn parts !!! Then you fish the crap out of them that is impressive to me ! I have been lucky in that I started my own driveway paving co. 20 years ago and have built a good reputation so we stay very busy all season. I don't spend a lot on fancy stuff except reels LOL and we live simple my girlfriend, dogs along with some fishing and hunting trips !!!  Hopefully these can be part of my retirement if I live that long if not I will have enjoyed them while here !!!!!  Thanks for the compliments .   
John Taylor

PS here is my Tri-Gear 12/0

Maxed Out

Wow, stunning set of reels John

At the original sticker price, I'm amazed they sold any reels. Obviously none of these 2speeds were ever mass produced. They all seem to have the same "Zukerman" tail plate bearing cover. I guess Mr Kavlosky was more interested in the monetary end, and Zukerman just wanted the fame

Thanks for sharing, now go lock em back in the vault

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Donnyboat

Hreat collection John, thanks for showing us, by the way what is the price of ?, cheers Don
Don, or donnyboat

54bullseye

Quote from: Maxed Out on August 05, 2019, 04:57:00 AM
Wow, stunning set of reels John

At the original sticker price, I'm amazed they sold any reels. Obviously none of these 2speeds were ever mass produced. They all seem to have the same "Zukerman" tail plate bearing cover. I guess Mr Kavlosky was more interested in the monetary end, and Zukerman just wanted the fame

Thanks for sharing, now go lock em back in the vault

Ted

Actually Ted they were in Fin-Nor's production line for a few years not exactly sure how long but they all have same bearing caps that were standard to Fin-Nor reels. The Tri-Gear in pictures is the original prototype reel that Kovalovsky put the 3 speed gear box on and Zuckerman's name was added this was Steve Zuckerman's personal reel. I also have his 2.5 /0 prototype reel that has seen much use. That has same bearing cap marked with Zuckerman's name. Here are pics of 2.5 reel and pics from book showing 3 speed gear box.    John Taylor

steelfish

The Baja Guy

broadway

You always go big, John.  I bet it took a while to mass the grouping.  I can't imagine those prices back then... clearly, sport fishing was a rich man sport, really really rich men. :o
Thanks for the eye candy,
Dom

Bryan Young

That is one sweet collection. I have always wondered how that drag system worked.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Makule

What were the gear ratios for the tri speed?
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Robert Janssen

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 06, 2019, 04:58:57 AM
That is one sweet collection. I have always wondered how that drag system worked.

If you really want to know, I wrote a long explanation about it maybe ten years ago, here:

https://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfishing-charters-forum/157925-fin-nor-reels-12-0-9-0-6-0-4-0-21-2a.html