Peninsula Fishing Club - perch derby September 8, 2019

Started by Alans Buddy, August 09, 2019, 06:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alans Buddy

Alans Buddy

jon_elc

I went to Poplar Beach to see if I could catch anything, since i got skunked the first time out there.  I didn't realize it was right next to Francis Beach!  i ended up getting another smaller perch and a dungeness crab (pretty decent size, too bad it was on a hook/line and out of season!)

Dominick

Quote from: Alans Buddy on August 31, 2019, 12:43:43 AM
Look at this guy getting a little pre-fishing in.

Notice in the background my fighting chair.  I had a rough time getting that perchadon to the beach.  I had the reel buttoned down and the fish almost spooled me.  I was finally able to turn it around and bring it in.  My arms and back were sore the next day from that big fight.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Fishy247

QuoteNotice in the background my fighting chair.  I had a rough time getting that perchadon to the beach.  I had the reel buttoned down and the fish almost spooled me.  I was finally able to turn it around and bring it in.  My arms and back were sore the next day from that big fight.  Dominick

I hope you were lifting that behemoth with your legs Dom!!!

Benni3

jon_elc

so i got some new weights
and new hard and soft baits.
but this part i hate,
now until sunday i wait.

Alans Buddy

Donnyboat

Hi Dominic, more weeties mate, stay safe, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

jon_elc

Quote from: Alans Buddy on September 06, 2019, 06:01:22 PM
You should pre-fish Saturday AM

i should.  trying to figure out how to convince the boss...  damnit.  i'm too new at this.

oc1

The suspense is killing me  :)  Jealous that I cannot be there.
-steve

jon_elc

Great time fishing today!  Surf was big, but the fish were biting in the first couple of hours..  here's some of my fish

jon_elc

and this one was my best.   of course, i had to see what it was eating,  there was like 5-6 huge sand crabs inside

Alans Buddy