Calcutta 400 (broken set plate)

Started by angle-iron, August 21, 2019, 12:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angle-iron

Sorry if you already covered this. I couldn't find any threads on it.

I opened my Calcuttta 400A to service it and replace the anti-reverse bearing and when I was cleaning it out with a cutip, a piece of the set plate just fell off (see pic.) I couldn't find any blogs online about this. Is this a common problem? Maybe because I fish 15-25 on this little gem? The only upgrade I've done is Carbontex washers and a live bait handle. The way that it broke off in almost a perfect circle has me perplexed.

Thanks in advance everyone!

AG

alantani

It's gotta be replaced.  I can almost guarantee that I don't have that part.  Post the part number and someone might be able to help.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

angle-iron

I purchased one from eBay as soon as I saw it. I was just curious as to what happened and if it's common.

Thanks!

alantani

it's not something i've seen commonly, but i could see where an impact straight down the handle shaft would break the plate in this manner. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Lunker Larry

Quote from: alantani on August 21, 2019, 02:31:18 PM
it's not something i've seen commonly, but i could see where an impact straight down the handle shaft would break the plate in this manner. 

Agree. My thoughts exactly.
Never seen it before.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?