265 microlite one time glitch

Started by nagant, August 24, 2019, 04:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nagant

I have used this reel maybe ten outing with out a hitch. Grandson was jigging next to me and reel locked up. i took it and crank wouldn't turn either way so grabbed the spool (cant remember if bail was open or closed) and twisted it and it came out of what ever happened. Used it for half an hour with no problems.  any idea's?
Brice

foakes

The tolerances are tight on these, nagent —

If one of the three bearing retainer screws backs out a hair — that would stop the drive train.

If the oscillation connecting slider piece got jammed somehow on the oscillation gear — that would cause stoppage.

If it has been opened recently — or not, there is a small silver ring bushing that operates between the oscillation gear and the oscillation sliding block groove.  These sometimes will come off because of grease or oil when the sideplate is exposed — and could still operate — but at some point it would jam up in the mechanism, stopping the reel rotation.

Could be something else, or just a part wearing.

More info is needed..

Would be real simple if on my bench — or if you could inspect it further.

Glad to help, if needed.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

nagant

Thanks, will go over it later today. Had it apart and you set me straight about that tiny ring. i cleaned it up and found it in old grease and put it on and reel back together.
Brice

nagant

Think i figured it out. He was float fishing and instead of putting the pole in the stand he laid it in the coarse wet sand.  Least thats my idea due to wet sand under the spool.
Brice