The "Golden Eagle" Tib/Accuplate 6/0

Started by pjstevko, August 31, 2019, 04:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

As Rudy told me in a pm earlier... The "Golden Eagle" has landed!
Rudy did an amazing job upgrading and cleaning this reel up for me. Now the only thing left to do is spool it up, buy a rod and go break it in!

I'm still in need of one part.... The reel was missing one slotted clamp bolt.... If anyone knows where I can get one please let me know.....

Thanks again Rudy!

Bryan Young

Likely you can get it from a tiburon directly.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Darin Crofton

She's a beauty, great job, Rudy! Hope you catch a ton of bigguns with it!!!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

pjstevko

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 31, 2019, 05:54:23 AM
Likely you can get it from a tiburon directly.

I just emailed Tib to see how much a clamp hardware kit would be so hopefully i can get it direct....

jkel

Crow

It's a good one !  Now, go catch some big ones !! ;D
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

Pj, are the clamp studs 1/8" or 1/4" ??

The clamp looks like same design as a pro gear clamp. The handle and blade look like it's a Lee Pro. I have a few of those clamp nuts hanging around, but gotta look for them

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

RowdyW

Ted, the handle & blade were made by Nitrofish which is probably long ago out of buisiness. They were one of the first producers of aftermarket handles for Penn reels. The studs are 1/4-20. The clamp is original Accurate I believe. It has a Accurate part # on it.

pjstevko

Quote from: Maxed Out on September 01, 2019, 02:00:19 AM

Pj, are the clamp studs 1/8" or 1/4" ??

The clamp looks like same design as a pro gear clamp. The handle and blade look like it's a Lee Pro. I have a few of those clamp nuts hanging around, but gotta look for them

Ted

The mastermind behind the rebuild says they are 1/4 - 20!

pjstevko

To make this reel multi-use what should it be spooled with?  100# braid then 60/80# top shot?

Then what rod would you recommend????

Benni3

That's a very nice one,,,,, :D the gold getting hard to get,,,,,, ;D

RowdyW

Quote from: pjstevko on September 02, 2019, 12:10:42 AM
To make this reel multi-use what should it be spooled with?  100# braid then 60/80# top shot?

Then what rod would you recommend????

100# braid would be fine to fill most of the spool . Then you can change your top shot strength according to what & type of fishing you are doing. The top shot can be either mono, floro, or braid of whatever weight for the situation.

pjstevko

I called Tiburon yesterday to inquire about getting a couple slotted clamp nuts for the reel and Bob said it wasn't looking good for finding replacements. He was going to check a few places including his house.....If anyone has at least one to complete the reel I'll gladly pay for it if you'd be willing to sell.....

Let me know if you have any....

Maxed Out

Pj, I do have a couple for 1/4 studs, but they are made by Penn and won't fit the holes in your clamp. Keep your chin up, those type of clamp nuts can be found on the used market
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

pjstevko

Quote from: Maxed Out on September 13, 2019, 04:18:24 PM
Pj, I do have a couple for 1/4 studs, but they are made by Penn and won't fit the holes in your clamp. Keep your chin up, those type of clamp nuts can be found on the used market

Yeah I'll keep looking around.....I'm gonna post on BD tonight to see if anyone can find a couple...