Alan Tani 11th anniversary crab and rock cod charter

Started by mikeysm, September 21, 2019, 06:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Let's just say the leader trying didn't quite go as planned.  🤔  maybe the liquid libations had something to do with it. 😎  anyways the flies will be there. Sorry to miss those who couldn't make this trip.

Anyone recognize this guy?
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Ron Jones

I've seen what happens when things don't go as planned from that spot. It can be bad.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

David Hall

alantani

Underway!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

Two more!

alantani

alantani

alantani

alantani

alantani

Crab! It's what's for dinner!

Donnyboat

great to see all the pic, nice to have a bunch of people enjoying each others company, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Swami805

Fun trip, good to meet some NorCal brethren despite the less than ideal conditions. Just sitting down to enjoy some fresh crab!  Super user friendly too, There's a place in the harbor that cooks and cleans them, no crab back to deal with!!!  Looking forward to next time!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

David Hall

Less than ideal is a definite understatement. It was down right punishing out there today and except for the good fishing, great comraderie, good skies, (no rain), the beautiful white belly crab,mikes beef sticks, a super hard working crew and fine captain, (he kept the bow into the wind and ran a comfortable speed). We only got surprised by a few waves. It was not a comfortable ride for any of us and I don't think there was a man on the boat who's stomach didn't churn at one time or another.  
I'm glad I went even though I lost my footing and hit the deck several times. Got my back slammed up against the grab rail on the pilot house a number of times but only two times that I will probably feel tomorrow.
Still worth it to me.  I really needed a crab feast.  Got one this evening and it was wonderful.

Thanks Juan for setting this up, and providing donuts and hot coffee.  It was a great day.

Bill B

Got home today....all I can say this is a trip for the history books.  I spent two days at the Hotel Tani, watched the master do his thing....and can say he is clairvoyant,  he could diagnose a Penn Baja Special without even opening it 🤔  Heard a story of some gentlemen draining a bottle of Japanese whiskey and almost paying the price to replace it (maybe Big Tim and Ron could explain 😉). Learned about scotch (and not to try to tie leaders while learning about scotch) Had a wonderful evening with a band booster club and the colonel, and Joy (Alan's wife) is a wonderful and tolerant person.  She puts up with us band of merry men! 

The boat trip was a roller coaster ride for sure and not for the faint of heart.  Would do it again in a heart beat!  The skipper kept us on the fish as best as he could ( never seen a 1 lb weight drawn under a boat while drifting)  the crab was plentiful, and as my wife could attest to delicious. We ate three crabs as soon as I got home today and have plenty more in the freezer for later.

I'm sorry I didn't spend more time meeting this crazy bunch, had to be crazy to go out in those conditions 😃

Sheridan thank you for the loaner rod, worked real well with the Baja Special.

Thank you Juan for putting this epic trip together.

As this year is winding down, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my brothers and sisters out there....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

David Hall

This is Justin my oldest grandson, turning into a fishing addict, bought a kayak, fished like crazy and bought a nicer bigger kayak.