Coastal Obsession Deckhand and Reel Cleaning

Started by coastalobsession, November 06, 2011, 04:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastalobsession

Let me introduce my self, my Name is Zach Phillips and I am the owner of C.O.D.R. I specialize in cleaning and super tuning reels. I have been doing this the past 3 years. I am located in the Matagorda/Bay City, texas area. To tell you a little about my work, I totally break down and clean every aspect of the reel. I use the highest grade in quality parts and greases/oils I find are key to success in a reel in tip top shape, and that will last you a life time. My prices vary. These prices are subject to change, but will keep them at a level that is affordable and reasonable.

Bait-caster(such as a shimano citica up to a abu 6600) 20 dollars
Off shore star drag 25$
Lever-drag 40$
Inshore spinning (small 1000 reels up to 4000 size reels) 20$
Offshore spinning 30$

Discounts:
valid captains license gets a 10 percent discount

Added charges: 3 dollar fee for extra dirty inshore reels
5 dollar fee charge for extra dirty offshore reels
(apply to all customers)
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

kamuwela

hey zach welcome and good luck with your buisness. would it be possible to post a few pic's of your work? maybe a few tutoriol's for our member's, any contribution is appreciated.

coastalobsession

Will do, no problem. Thanks. Here is a few, once i figure out how to post more that four on the same post I will start making the step by step picture tutorials.

kamuwela

Irish Jigger

Nice pictures . Always interesting to see how others store their tools etc. BTW if that's a 209 being assembled I would remove the level wind mechanism,fit the right side plate loosely, fit the shield,tighten up and then fit the worm and line guide assy. Complete by fitting lhs worm bearing,rhs worm bearing/spring, otherwise I need an extra pair of hands.

coastalobsession

I gotcha. thanks for the tip, will try it out next time. Is always tricky trying to put it back on.

coastalobsession

For storing my tools all i did was cut pool noodles down to size and zip tie them in. I know its not fancy but it works for me. Now i just have to find me a brighter light for my desk.

alantani

welcome!  i would encourage you to start taking photos of all the reels you service.  post them somewhere, anywhere, even here, so that your customers can have a place to check out your work.  good luck!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

coastalobsession

Will do. How do i post more than 4 pics at once in order to do so?

coastalobsession

coastalobsession

I just finished servicing a Abu Garcia Revo sx and received a over a 45 sec free spool.

coastalobsession

coastalobsession

coastalobsession