Salmon Falls Resort

Started by MeanMachine, October 14, 2019, 01:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanMachine

Fished the Ketchikan area with Salmon Falls Fishing Resort in early September.  The Silver Salmon run we were hoping to encounter was very unpredictable and inconsistent.  We were catching lots of small King Salmon under 28" on our downrigger setups. We did get some Silvers which required  long distance travel to get to the fishing grounds. This was the first time visiting the Salmon Falls Resort for anyone in our group of 6.  The service and hospitality were terrific.  The boats we had were brand new 27' boats made by Riddle Marine.  When we arrived, I thought "Wow this place is nice!

"

The food was excellent in the "Timbers" restaurant which is onsite and about 150' from our lodging.  The meals were included it the package cost.

The scenery was incredible..

We did catch fish and everyone had a great time!

Thanks to the staff of the Salmon Falls Fishing Resort for a great time!

Crow

Great trip !! Looks like everybody (but the fish !) had a super time!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

foakes

Thanks for the great report!

Fished there twice -- first class all the way.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bhale1

Wow.... looks like a good time. Great pics BTW...Glad everyone had fun...#jealous ;D
Brett

Steve-O

Nice pics and great fish!

I have been passing through K-town for 20 years now on my way over to Prince of Wales Island.

I am just spoiled there and haven't wanted to go elsewhere.

Glad everyone caught fish and had a great time.

My bud from Oregon was also there in early Sept and had the same report on Silvers as you did....spotty at best.

My Silver return was a bit different - I kept 36 and released around 250. Plus kept a few rockfish - one a day as per regs. No Lingcod or Yelloweye this trip though.

Hardy Boy

Good job ! Nice fat coho there for sure !! Looks like fishing out of my back door ............... same weather too.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

gstours

😮 wow,  great fun, good report.  I'm jealous and poor, these fish and smiles make you rich.
    Thanks for sharing your pictures.   You did good.   🎣👌
Seems like the weather was a lot dryer in se Ak this year.  Glad you got some of it.

MeanMachine

The weather was very dry.  I only wore a raincoat on the day we arrived.  We did take some video also. When I figure out how to load it on here I'll make another post.

Dominick

nice trip and report.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on October 14, 2019, 01:24:45 AM
Great trip !! Looks like everybody (but the fish !) had a super time!
x2 looks fantastic,,,great job,,,,, ;)