Avet EX 30/2 Problems

Started by handi2, October 17, 2019, 10:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Hey Guys,

I have this reel in the shop. I cant even get close to the advertised drag settings, 50 lbs at strike.

New pinion bearing and the drags cleaned and left dry.

Any help is appreciated.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

akfish

Why did you leave the drags dry? I think greased drags are not only smoother, but often get a few more pounds of drag. But that's not your main problem.

A couple things to look at. First, make sure the line is not slipping on the spool. Another thing: Check the belleville washers on the end of the spool. The should be (), not ((. The only other simple thing I'd check is the cam under the preset knob. Is it seated correctly?
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

handi2

Quote from: akfish on October 17, 2019, 11:09:34 PM
Why did you leave the drags dry? I think greased drags are not only smoother, but often get a few more pounds of drag. But that's not your main problem.

A couple things to look at. First, make sure the line is not slipping on the spool. Another thing: Check the belleville washers on the end of the spool. The should be (), not ((. The only other simple thing I'd check is the cam under the preset knob. Is it seated correctly?

No line slipping, Belleville's correct, new right side pinion bearing. I will try the left side spool bearing. Cam correct.

Thanks
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

sabaman1

Avet website specs say 35#@ strike 40# max. Hope this helps!
JIM