Clear side plates

Started by steelhead_killer, October 19, 2019, 12:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Crow

:o Sweet !  What's the story behind it ?
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Maxed Out

Hello Andy, that's a great find.....more pics please
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

steelhead_killer

Customer sent a couple of old reels that he did not want anymore.  Unfortunately, he did not pack them very well and the tail plate broke in shipping.  Had I known what he was sending I would have offered an alternative to newspaper packing material.  Oh well still a cool little reel about the size of a 4/0.  Wooden knob handle.  Everything looks over built but the gear and drag system.  Main gear is like a 209 size.  Pinion is a two piece rig, and the anti-reverse pawl is unique as is the spring.  Ted there are 11 more pics attached.  I have only cleaned the head plate and it looks good as new.

Andy
><)))">

steelhead_killer

More pics
><)))">

steelhead_killer

some more pics
><)))">

steelhead_killer

Two more I'm done
><)))">

Crow

That's pretty special ! Too bad about the tail plate :(, but, a good glue job shouldn't look TOO bad !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

steelhead_killer

I think you are right!  Luckily it did not break in an area that is load bearing, per se...
><)))">

Maxed Out

Sorry about that poor packaging job. I'm very certain that was a very special reel at the time it was made. Perhaps made for trade shows to show customers how the internals worked

Still a very valuable reel even with the broken plate. Hopefully it will go back together ok. The headplate looks great !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

oc1

Maybe it was cracked before and the shipping just made the piece fall out of the ring.  Cool reel nonetheless Andy.
-steve

steelhead_killer

After a bath...
><)))">

oc1

Wow, it looks great Andy.
-steve

steelhead_killer

Cleaned up pretty nice.  I can't seem to find any info on the history of that model.  One referenced 1942 but that is all I could find.  I'll keep looking...
><)))">