Old style handle for Penn 12/0

Started by SeaDragon, October 21, 2019, 06:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaDragon

Does anyone have a vintage style handle that would fit my new Penn 12/0? The new black "modern" handle just doesn't do it for me, can anyone help?

foakes

Here is a New Old Stock handle, if this would work for you.

24-116.

Will include a lock screw also.

$20.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

SeaDragon

Wow, that is really a nice one, as mint as my new reel! I am not being unappreciative, I like it, and your price is very good, but I have this on the rod, on my wall when not in use, and the black is not visually much different than the existing handle on it, but still a HUGE improvement as I like the style of "vintage" Penn. I am hoping for a bit of color, red is my hope, but white, beige, etc is OK. Do you have any other colors??

foakes

No, not really --

But I am sure someone else will have other colors you can choose from.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

1badf350

You want a white one?
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

SeaDragon

The chrome is nice as can be, but what is that big black spot on it?

54bullseye

broadway

Two great options and for a crazy cheap price as well, but if you're holding out for red you may be waiting a while... People don't let those go too easily.
Good luck on your hunt,
Dom

SeaDragon

I wondered about red being sought after. What about beige, that kind of butterscotch color? I wish 6/0 would fit, I've got those, even counterweighted ones.

thorhammer

The amber (butterscotch) is going to be your best bet- I don't know I've ever seen red, green or yellow in that size and as stated, the red is going to be hard to come by.

SeaDragon

Thanks Thor. I wondered about the colors produced. I bet counterweighted is even harder yet, if it even fits a new 12/0.

foakes

Here is a red on a 12/0 & a green swirl on a 10/0.

The 10 and 12 use the same crank.

The 12/0 is basically a wide 10/0 -- just wider posts, stand, and spool on a 12.

Amber, ivory, and black were also manufactured by Penn.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

SeaDragon

Thanks Fred, for the close-up red knob tease! And green too, you guys who are such accomplished collectors make me drool.

foakes

Another possibility --

If one doesn't pop up on here that suits your needs --

Just watch eBay -- when a 12/0 or 10/0 comes up with the right crank -- just buy it -- switch out the cranks with your wall hugger -- then resell the reel you purchased.

If done right, patiently, and with a little luck -- your new handle won't cost you a dime...

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

broadway