its time to get seriuos !!

Started by steelfish, October 24, 2019, 12:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

hold my beer, check this out !!

naah, no that serious, I still gonna be having fun doing some rods but now with less effort from my left forearm, just wanted to show you what the UPS guy left for me few days ago!  Yay !!  Im still speachless and exited !!
A brand new toy (at least for me), my compadre Dwight sent me a great gift that not many people is willing to give for free ! (I covered shipping which was not cheap but worthed every penny), an American Tackle Power wrapper with the upgraded chuck already installed , plus some thread spools and miscellaneus accesories.
I already thanked him several times but its never enough, thanks amigo, you're one of a kind, I promes that I'll using it to continue with this addictive rod building bug, it will be as fun to build them but little bit less tired.
this rod wrapper came already with a lot of mojo, my man newell nut used it for some time to build some of his amazing rods, hopefully this machine has some memory and recall how to wrap a nice rod.

I still need to find the perfect place at home to install this wrapper, cuz my current cat-box / wood manual wrapper is really small and 100 % mobile, I can change my complete rod wrapping shop (small chair/small table/manual wrapper) setup in 3 minutes from one room to another if necesary, but this professional wrapper is 8ft long and needs a long and strong table to work on it, so it wont be as easy to move it from one room to another, soon I will need an extra room at home (I dont have a garage, basement or attic).

I will show you some pictures of the new toy I mean tool, you might find that one of the stands is different and dont work with the stock track, but I already saw where to cut and how to mod the stand to make it work, as well I will modify the thread carrier to install a small aluminium tower and make it 4 spool carrier with the tension at the spools not directly in the thread as is currently, anyway, the last mod is not necesary you can always use two stands and use the stock thread carrier and use it as is, but I think Im confident on make a nice mod to continue to use the thread carrier similar to my current setup on my manual wrapper.

thanks again Dwight, good Karma to you amigo.

The Baja Guy

Crow

That's great !! Gotta' love the ohana !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Newell Nut

You have shown us some really nice talent so now you can expand on it. Wish you the best my friend. It will take a little time to get your foot, hands and eyes calibrated for wrapping speed. There is a learning curve but once you get past that you be having some fun creating cool rods. I am backing away from rod building slowly so you can carry the torch now.

Dwight

Swami805

That's great Alex,shouldn't take long for you to get up to speed on that. Very generous gift, I'm sure you'll do it justice.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oldmanjoe

:)    Very nice gift ...       The torch has been past..
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Fishy247

That's a very generous gift Dwight! Alex- I'm sure you'll get used to it pretty quick. The main thing you'll notice is how much faster you can do underwraps. Night and day brother! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your builds more often now.... ;)

Mike

foakes

Great gift & a great example of sharing, Dwight!

Solid Ohana, all the way...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rivverrat

Alex !!  
Hey man I missed this thread. Having a rod lathe will help you so much.

One thing I will reccomend is the chuck upgrade.

https://getbitoutdoors.com/batson-alpschuckupgrade

The standard chuck will get you by for a while. For me the chuck upgrade was very much worth it.

In my opinion it is a must have if you turn or shape many handles. Very glad to see you get your own spot here.

You have been nothing less than a fantastic, contributing member. 

Some day I very much hope to be able to fish with you down there. I think that would be a memorable thing... Jeff

Hardy Boy

Nice !! Now get to work on some rods !

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Dominick

Wow Alex.  What a nice gift.  Dwight, I thank you for your generosity.  The people on this site amaze me every day.  Alex, find a spot and dig in.  I want to see some more of your talent.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

That is awesome Alex! Way to go Dwight! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

steelfish

Quote from: Rivverrat on February 26, 2020, 07:44:51 PM
Alex !!  
Hey man I missed this thread. ......

Some day I very much hope to be able to fish with you down there. I think that would be a memorable thing... Jeff

somehow I missed or dont recall seeing your comment Jeff, sorry.

I pretty sure either I go to your place to fish a big Catfish that needs the power of a Baja Special or penn Torque reels to stop it or you come to North Sea of Cortez and we go to fish for some Leopard groupers and yellowtails, both ways would make memorable trip even without a trophy fish.

- Alex.

The Baja Guy