Berinson eccentric knobs

Started by Toehi, October 26, 2019, 11:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toehi

https://berinsontackle.com/product/custom-made-newell-stainless-steel-eccentric-lever-knobs-lot-of-10-eccentric-lever-knobs-new/

Hopefully the link works, anyone using these?  Fit nicely?  I know that they are pricey but by the time I bought all the materials and the time spent building them I wouldn't be saving much DIY'ing.  On top of that I could probably split the pack in half and sell the ones I don't need on our fav auction site.  I know that one of our vendors has these in the works but I need a replacement sooner than later.   

Tunacious

Quote from: Toehi on October 26, 2019, 11:01:18 PM
https://berinsontackle.com/product/custom-made-newell-stainless-steel-eccentric-lever-knobs-lot-of-10-eccentric-lever-knobs-new/

Hopefully the link works, anyone using these?  Fit nicely?  I know that they are pricey but by the time I bought all the materials and the time spent building them I wouldn't be saving much DIY'ing.  On top of that I could probably split the pack in half and sell the ones I don't need on our fav auction site.  I know that one of our vendors has these in the works but I need a replacement sooner than later.   

I use to have a dozen of these sets...down to about 3. I didn't purchase them from this company. I don't recall where I got them. Anyway, the sets I made were made with only a mallet/ball-peen hammer. Once on, they don't budge. Anyway, how many levers do you need? Sizes?

Toehi

The instructions on these say to install them with a press :o, must be a super tight fit. I need one for a 454 that's missing the knob. 

Tunacious

I'm sure a press is the correct way to install these. I was just giving you an alternative on how I assembled mine. Maybe even a vise would work.

Sulla

I used a vice to install 2 of these a few years back. Pretty strait forward

Yogi_fish808

I may not have tightened the vice enough because I've had them come apart. Now I just hold the assembly on top the old anvil and peen it together with a hammer.