Hawg at the R&D facility

Started by thorhammer, October 28, 2019, 12:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Quote from: thorhammer on October 29, 2019, 01:45:08 AM
Mainly I feed the eater crackers (big shellcrackers) and a few blue cats that live under the dock while having a coffee or cold one depending on time of day. When we moved from the coast it was not happy day for me, so the place kind of found me I guess you'd say. After about the third look, I decided it would be good to at least have a little water. There's always a heron and geese, and this year we had an egret show up, plus a dozen mallards, assorted hawks and kingfishers, deer, rabbits, sliders and snappers, bullfrogs, etc.

Benni, I keep a few rods rigged in the shop (R&D lab :) for the neighborhood kids, but also have a 420SS on a whippy stick for myself and in this case, an Abu 5500C, I think the second one (of a LOT) that I ever got. It's on a seven foot graphite IM6 or 7 with cork grip, a Shimano something or other. I have a whole rack of 5500's on 7' cork handle sticks, most with 12 or 14 Stren original fluoro blue, as I grew up with. The little dinky reels these guys are using now remind me of the Ryobi VMAG 1 my brother had when we were 8.  These new reels the tourney guys are using look like a keychain fob in my hand, not a fishing implement, lol.
it works,,,, ;) and your getting big fish and that's fabulous,,,,,keep up the great work,,,,,my freind,,,,,,

xjchad

Love seeing a big ol' bucket mouth!
Been too long since I've caught one...
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Fishy247

Nice one! Great way to end the weekend....

Gfish

Hawg bass on a surface lure! Dude! That's not common anywhere I've ever fished. What is common is a first cast bass on farm ponds. After that, the ponds I used ta fish, they'ed all get spooked.
I've got one those frog patterned Jitterbugs, but I've always reached for the Hula Popper first.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

thorhammer

well i would expect so, being you are in Hawaii lol. The hula popper hangs next to jitterbug...in frog pattern :)

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bill B

Nice fish John....good to see you getting out on the water...BIll
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!