Shimano Baitrunner 4000D

Started by Zimbass, November 01, 2019, 02:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

On specialized parts that get manufactured by the thousands for fishing reels -- sometimes a step gets missed.

These parts are sometimes made by the manufacturer -- and oftentimes they are outsourced to specification by suppliers who ship them in bags and boxes of 1000-5000 at a time.

Been building basically brand new DAM Quick spinning reels over he last couple of weeks, for members -- and in pulling small specialized parts out of bins from 60 years ago -- I have found (2) parts that were not functional.

One was a rare trip lever for a Microlite 265 that is missing a tiny hole for the spring.  The other is a German Silver shoulder trip return screw for a 330 -- and the screw slot was not cut on top.  I tossed the blank cut screw -- but it is easy enough to drill a hole in the trip lever.

Not a big deal if you have hundreds of the same extra parts -- a big deal if it is the only one you have like most fishermen.

Shimano will take care of it immediately -- no worries.

In the "old days", here in the US -- if you took that reel to a Shimano Saturday morning tackle care seminar/workshop -- the Shimano Rep would just hand you a new reel.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Zimbass

Detective nelz  :D    No, it's a new reel !!

I hear you Fred. Makes sense that when thousands are produced, that a bad one slips thru quality control.

In the old days we had electricity and water in my country !!

Thanks to you all for your input.

Best.

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.