Mom’s away, kids (and dad) will play

Started by ReelFishingProblems, November 03, 2019, 10:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelFishingProblems

Ohana,

I usually post pictures to only a few folks when I fish.
In light of our recent challenge, I will share my wonderful Sunday.

Today, my wife ran the Disney half marathon (I should probably take up her hobby) and my 6 year old daughter demanded we go fishing in her absence. My oldest was. Or as easily convinced. A half dozen donuts later and we were fishing.

When we arrived to a "secret" spot (known by many, fishes by few) we found Alba (oldest daughter) and her dad. I may have told him of my latest catches there. We both PCS in a few months, so no secrets lost. His daughter caught their first bonnethead shark, and at least half of the half dozen they caught. This made for a great day of wet lines with the kids. Fish constantly stealing our live shrimp, and the pretty regular landing. A lot of small mangrove snappers landed, a gator trout lost at our feet, and a 15" redfish landed.

Nothing better in this world than a supportive wife and a couple kids that love fishing.

Ron Jones

Looks like a lot of fun!
Definitely what it is all about.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

thorhammer

Nice! Enjoy the weather, it's starting to chill up here. 38 this morning.

steelfish

seems like a great day

nothing better than that
The Baja Guy

Benni3

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Keep living the dream brother. ;)
Thank You for taking us along. ;D
Life is Good!

ReelFishingProblems

Mom took the girls to Frozen 2 this afternoon and told me to go fishing to get my head straightened on right.
What a fun afternoon.
Nice gentlemen gave me his leftover live bait when the marina told me they were out of shrimp. Plenty of lively shrimp and greenbacks and he wouldn't take any money.

With his generous offering I was able to land a 20" Snook and a 17" Tripletail. My first time catching a tripletail and man do they fight. What fun!

thorhammer

Crow

Nice catch !  I'm still waiting for my first triple tail :P
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

ReelFishingProblems

Does anyone know why uploading a picture from your phone puts the picture sideways?

Benni3

Those are some very nice fish,,,,, :D great job man,,,,,,, ;D

Shark Hunter

Awesome! I don't why it does that with phone pics either?
Life is Good!

nelz

Quote from: ReelFishingProblems on November 24, 2019, 11:01:32 PMWith his generous offering I was able to land a 20" Snook and a 17" Tripletail. My first time catching a tripletail and man do they fight.

You caught a Tripletail from shore?