Question for Randy.

Started by Normslanding, November 08, 2019, 09:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normslanding

Randy, It's been a while sence Dave Wilson and I saw you at the FH show. I need to test you memory. When Chuck Graham passed away you bought old stuff for the Graham family. A friend of Chucks was in a restraunt in Pismo Beach. He looked up and saw a rod with Chuck's name on it. I was just talking to Chucks daughter as her mom just passed. They would like to go to the restraunt to see the rod on the wall. Sure hope you can remember the name of the restraunt. I hope to see you at the FH, I try.... I live in Florida.
     Thanks,
           Dave Spangler

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Dear Dave,

It's great to hear from you.  I wish that I could identify the restaurant for you, but I didn't sell any of Chuck's rods directly to any restaurant.  I did give some of them to Kyle Dyerly, who grew up fishing with Chuck and who owns a sportboat here out of Avila, the Phenix.  He may have sold or loaned the rod to the restaurant.  I also sold a few through a local tackle/marine hardware store in Morro Bay, Jerry's Marine, and the restaurant may have bought the rod there. 

Sorry that I can't nail it down for Chuck's daughter, but there are not that many seafood restaurants here in Pismo Beach, and she should be able to narrow it down quickly.  If she would like to talk with me when she is in Pismo Beach, she can send me an email at rfpauly@aol.com with her phone number and I will call her.  I am sure that Kyle would love to meet her and he has a great collection of Chuck's rods and reels.

Randy

Normslanding

I think it was Kyle Dyerly who told Chucks daughter.
Thanks for responding.