Franken reel

Started by CooldadE, November 13, 2011, 06:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I'm wondering on what would make that reel so special, is it the additional line capacity compared to the 501?  It couldn't be that much more :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

actually, it's a great size!  one of my old school favorites! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

I still don't get it though, same gears and the line capacity is about the same.... but the 501 doesn't have mismatched parts and it's a couple of ounces lighter.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

CooldadE

No rhyme or reason...One of lifes mysterys. And I want it!
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Alto Mare

Gotcha! Go for it!
Like we say in my world....whatever floats your boat.

alantani

the size of the 99 spool is midway between the 500 and the 501.  so the 501 is straight 20# mono, the 99 is straight 25# mono, and the 500 is straight 30# mono.  great for inshore goofing off!

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on November 15, 2011, 05:29:20 AM
the size of the 99 spool is midway between the 500 and the 501.  so the 501 is straight 20# mono, the 99 is straight 25# mono, and the 500 is straight 30# mono.  great for inshore goofing off!

Ok, I see what you guys are talking about, I just measured all (3) reels.... they do increase @ 1/2" from the 501. I was always amazed about the 501, that it would hold 320yds of 30lb. mono  :-\.
PS
Didn't have the 99, I sold mine for $100 last year, I did measure the 112h for width though.

CooldadE

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm still looking for a plain jane spool.

Irish Jigger

There's a P29S  99 Spool on here. Don't know if Alan still has it.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1524.0

CooldadE

Thanks Jigger, Iv'e had my eye on it but moneys tight. Maybe I can swing a trade for the spool or maybe a partial trade tward the full frame and spool kit with Alan for a Penn 114H with a Accurate frame on an Aftco  handle.

Irish Jigger

I'm in the same boat,drooling over a silver Tiburon Frame for a 501 and cannot make my mind up. :-\

alantani

still got it .......   ;D

Keta

Is the 113 narrow kit still available?  I want it...I need it, I must have it.  I don't know what I will do with a narrow 113 but I want one  ;D.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Keta on November 19, 2011, 03:07:42 PM
.......  I want it...I need it, I must have it.  I don't know what I will do with a ( ...... ) but I want one  ;D.

I feel the same way, Keta, but my wife doesn't understand. ;D ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD