Franken reel

Started by CooldadE, November 13, 2011, 06:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExcessiveAngler, OhReely, CooldadE and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

i still have a couple the 4/0 narrow kits as well.....   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

I will order one sometime next month.   I don't know why I "need" one as I have plenty of newer reels that will do the job better but I love my older Penns.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

penn could have made a ton of money by introducing a narrowed plain 113hl instead of going high tech with the 113hn baja special.  pity......

Keta

Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: alantani on November 19, 2011, 05:14:36 PM
penn could have made a ton of money by introducing a narrowed plain 113hl instead of going high tech with the 113hn baja special.  pity......

How true! I've got a 113H and a 113HL. With Alan's narrow kit and some 4:1 Newell gears, it would be nice to make the HL into a HLN and keep my 113HN company.

Alan, ummm, how much for a narrow spool and frame? Got any 4:1 gears lying around?

Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Keta

Oh great, now I have to dip into my Baja 2012 funds to beat you to one  ;D

Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Keta on November 19, 2011, 03:07:42 PM
Is the 113 narrow kit still available?  I want it...I need it, I must have it.  I don't know what I will do with a narrow 113 but I want one  ;D.

Alan can retire with a good auction. ;D ;D   Go for it!
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Keta

Mark Twain

alantani

no 4:1 gears.  that would really make the reel something!

redsetta

So true.
I've done the Tiburon/Kolekar upgrade to my red 500, 112H and 113H (narrow), and now just collecting parts to complete a 114H narrow conversion.
I love fishin' em, but they're also a pleasure just to admire on the shelf.
The 113H in particular just looks, feels and works 'right' in this format.
Want/need - sometimes they're indistinguishable ...  ;)
Thanks Alan!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

CooldadE

I found a NIB original Penn 99 spool for a great price. Should be here early next week. Hope it works.
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

George4741

Quote from: CooldadE on November 24, 2011, 10:38:46 PM
I found a NIB original Penn 99 spool for a great price. Should be here early next week. Hope it works.

I'm sure it will work.  I bought an old 99 Silverbeach reel several years ago with a plastic spool and also purchased a separate chrome 99 spool.  Both spools fit in all of my 99 width Jigmasters (Newell and Tiburon frames, and one with a 30-66 stand).  I prefer them over the 500 width Jigmasters. 

George
viurem lliures o morirem

CooldadE

Well all the parts came togeather today for my Frankenstine reel... Parts list / sideplates from a new Chinese Jigmaster ( from my brother, he built a Accurate sideplate reel ) Reel stand and posts from a 112H, Bridge,yoke,gears,misc. small parts from Ebay, SS sleeve ala Alan T, new HT100 drags (Greased) handle from a 12H International, NOS chrome 99 spool and new 18-8 stainless allen head screws. A True Frankenstien reel... Put it all togeather and POOF...Its Alive and works great. Pictures to follow.

CooldadE

Quote from: CooldadE on December 03, 2011, 01:05:24 AM
Well all the parts came togeather today for my Frankenstine reel... Parts list / sideplates from a new Chinese Jigmaster ( from my brother, he built a Accurate sideplate reel ) Reel stand and posts from a 112H, Bridge,yoke,gears,misc. small parts from Ebay, SS sleeve ala Alan T, new HT100 drags (Greased) handle from a 12H International, NOS chrome 99 spool and new 18-8 stainless allen head screws. A True Frankenstien reel... Put it all togeather and POOF...Its Alive and works great. Pictures to follow.
[/quote