Early Winter

Started by Lunker Larry, November 10, 2019, 07:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

Looks like we're in for an early winter this year. Out west is already in a deep freeze and our temp is dropping quickly. Keep trying to postpone the end of the season but I think I'll call it quits (with my boat anyway). Got out one last time on Thursday (see pic) and tucked the boat away for the winter this weekend. Muskie is open until 15 Dec here so still hope to squeeze a day or 2 in  with a couple die hard buddies. At least don't have to put up with the sea doos. Neighbours think I'm nuts but they're not fishermen so what do they know!  :)

LL
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

foakes

We could use some of that white stuff up here in the Sierras of California, right now, Larry --

It would put a stop to the fire danger -- plus add moisture to the ecosystem.

Nice rig!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Lunker Larry

I'm sure it would help. Your corner of the world has been pretty brutal fire wise the last few years.

Thanks on the boat. Just the right size for one to manage and for two to fish. Absolutely love it. Have had it for 14 years.

You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Crow

We're forecast for more snow, again , tonight.....wish I could send it your way, Fred !  Some folks say , "It's pretty"....it is..."pretty" cold, "pretty wet", and "Pretty" darn hard to get around in !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !