Another jiggy....and then some....

Started by thorhammer, November 18, 2019, 12:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Was down at my old stomping grounds on a trout trip last weekend (another write up for that) and a per normal, Boats and I banged around the local pawn shops and junk stores Sat afternoon. I hit one on the way in, been there a long time and occasionally find a deal but the whole place reeks of cat pee. Moving quickly, I found a Shimano spinner in GWO for five bucks, vintage plugs a buck each: two frog jitterbugs ( my fav) , a broken back Rapala and a super Spook, and two jiggys minus handles handles, stars and one stand $5 bucks each...but, I KNOW A GUY...was gonna take before pics but the whole mess went in a bucket of dawn water to get rid of pee smell before I would even touch them. Disassemble and into US cleaner for an hour...upon close inspection I find these have been into...mismatched jiggy parts for time periods...FINE, says I....steel gearing, one had new carbontex, BOTH had aluminum spools which I needed and neither should have. I would've paid five bucks for the steel mains. Anyway, I'd had had some jiggy guts around for a while, including a nice 99 width Accurate spool that was buried in a box of del mar parts I bought for $30  ;D ;D ;D . So, since I needed  a mystic order anyway, I figure I'm already way to the good on these three spools so I decide to go SS -66 stand and bars. Also cobbled out a really nice gut set between the two. Thanks to Ted for the pimping handle and grip (Adam SS blade). I put all SS hardware in as I had- socket head screws, stand studs, nylocks, etc. and a nice silver aluminum clamp to finish. Nice freespool. Note: I had to grind the screw tabs on stand- the SS protrude and rub the spool. Plenty left tho. More to come but here is the 99; note the really interesting very early black plates with early print...if anyone can date them please advise. 

Ron Jones

Really nice,
I've been waiting to see those SS 66 stands be used, got to be strong enough I'd think. Ted's handles are awesome and the whole thing looks well put together.
Like an incognito Newell Albacore special, can't wait to see you catch something big on it.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Crow

That deal sounds like the cat's meow!! ;) !   
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !