1st post… Hello!

Started by ClintB, December 06, 2019, 04:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

Glad you're on board, Clint, welcome from Tennessee.

ClintB

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I have done a bit of searching here to read up on the Quick reels. I have seen the posts from Mr Oakes and have got to say that impressive would be an understatement! A friend of mine has been telling me of his fondness of the Quicks, he has 12-15. I bought a tackle box at a yard sale full of goodies, a 110 Quick was one of them. Since then I have acquired a 330 and the 280. The 280 was packed so full of grease that the handle would not turn. After opening it up and getting the old grease cleaned out and new oil and grease she runs like a clock. I Am definitely interested in acquiring parts for several reels in the near future.

philaroman

welcome!!!

love that "few"...

picture a DAM Dragon, twirling his pinkie in the dimple of his cheek

...well, a really nice Dragon who only hoards temporarily,

for the ultimate purpose of promulgation/dissemination ($5-words)

after Fred fixes & restores every worm-drive DAM reel that needs it

he should have enough parts left over to make DAM Transformers

(but only 2 or 3, hence the "few")

Hardy Boy

Todd

David Hall

Welcome from San Jose, Ca.  I spent a fair amount of time in Mollalla.  Had family from there. I even Rode in the annual Buckaroo parade a few times back in the early 70's.

mo65

Welcome! If you enjoy fishing reels this place is where you need to be. The sharing of info and parts will blow your mind. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Dominick

Quote from: David Hall on December 06, 2019, 05:00:21 PM
Welcome from San Jose, Ca.  I spent a fair amount of time in Mollalla.  Had family from there. I even Rode in the annual Buckaroo parade a few times back in the early 70's.

I never heard of Mollalla.  It almost sounds like a joke.  Welcome Clint.  David the Buckaroo Parade, Really?  Did you wear your Buckaroo Hat?   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

AC49

Welcome Clint

From Cape Town South Africa

Regards
AC49

ClintB

The town of Molalla was named after a tribe of local Indians that lived in the area.

The Molalla Buckaroo is an annual rodeo that has been going on since the early 1900's

It's been a small logging/mill town till the big fall of the logging industry.

Now it's more of a bedroom community for Salem, Oregon City and Portland.

David Hall

Quote from: Dominick on December 06, 2019, 07:21:16 PM
Quote from: David Hall on December 06, 2019, 05:00:21 PM

I never heard of Mollalla.  It almost sounds like a joke.  Welcome Clint.  David the Buckaroo Parade, Really?  Did you wear your Buckaroo Hat?   ;D Dominick

As a matter of fact I did!  to bad I don't have any pictures.  it was a lot of fun back then.

alantani

Greetings from Puerto Vallarta!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

happyhooker

Greetings, Clint, from Minnesota.  I've found lots of good folks here.

Frank