Capt. ahab

Just got my grease gun and i'm running into some problems.  The threads on the blowgun attachment are fine threads and the threads on the grease gun are pipe threads, and they don't make a piece that can handle that conversion.  Has anyone else encountered this issue?  It's not a big deal, but I would like to be able to have that small attachment to squirt grease into tight places.

kamuwela

got both of my guns from home depot and had no problems  i got my needles from with brass adaptor from alan

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: kamuwela on April 13, 2011, 11:57:23 PM
got both of my guns from home depot and had no problems  i got my needles from with brass adaptor from alan
Right! Got to have the adapter. If you can't get the kit as shown from Home Depot, then pm Alan about his kit for sale.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Capt. ahab

I think my problem is the grease gun.  This gun has the nozzle and the trigger on the same side, so there's a 5" pipe coming out of the nozzle.  unfortunately, it has a male end, and so does my adapter.  I tried 3 hardware stores and no one had a female-female piece.  if the trigger was on the other side, it wouldn't be an issue, i could simple screw my adapter (male) into the nozzle (female). 

Norcal Pescador

I don't know what you have access to, but Ace Hardware, OSH and Home Depot all have the 1/8" pipe coupling (female-female). Another option is McMaster-Carr. They have everything hardware!  http://www.mcmaster.com/#
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Bryan Young

I had to get some adaptors for my grease guns.  Ace is the place.  They carry stuff that most other hardware stores don't.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Capt. ahab

Finally found a hardware store that had the piece I needed.  Grease gun and the attachment are working.  I just emptied a 3oz generic grease tube and filled it with the blue yamaha marine grease.  Now I'm just waiting on my drag washers from Mikes reel repair and then I'm all set.  Thanks guys, great resource here!

Tennessee

Great idea!!! My benches are near chaos not that I cant find it but its like if I really put it away I cant find it. I think its part of the aging process. my project for the fall is ORGANIZING  ;) 
I just love it when I catch something!

coastalobsession

where can i pick up some more penn spool wrenches?
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

alantani

if you mean the wrenches for the handle nuts that i make, they are on back order. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nuvole

I've a grease gun with 30mm(1 2/10") diameter and 150mm(6") length.
What's the correct cartridge size in term of grams/oz?

alantani

the cartridge that i use is 33mm in diameter and 145mm long.  yours sounds smaller.  the grease gun diameter itself is 37mm.

Nuvole

Quote from: alantani on February 20, 2012, 06:10:41 PM
the cartridge that i use is 33mm in diameter and 145mm long.  yours sounds smaller.  the grease gun diameter itself is 37mm.

I thought they are all "standard" size :-(
What's the volume(oz/gram) of the cartridge.

Thanks ^^

alantani

3 ounces, i think.  i can check when i get home.

MikeAqua

Hi alan,

For the grease gun you speifcally note the position of the nozzle. Can you please explain the importance of this.  I'm in New Zealand, and I have found a mini grease gun locally that comes with a fine application nozzle, but it has the trigger and the nozzle on the same side.

Thanks

Mike