How you can help make work easier!

Started by gstours, December 12, 2019, 08:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

If you use cutters, needle nose pliers, wire bending pliers or crimping pliers a lot you can benefit from making them self opening.  More tools are available with various options similar from the manufacturer nowadays butt, it's also a great little diy project in the winter 🥶.
  This one was done recently to show you how.  The flat spring is from a wiper blade removal is easy.  Stiff sst wire can work easier.  The flat blade was twisted to fit the outside of the handle better.  Bend every thing slowly,  some can be brittle for bending.   Simple thread and 5 min epoxy will hold everything.  Rotation by hand for a few minutes keeps it from dripping.

gstours

Split ring pliers and these wire bending pliers really make a difference.  User friendly.🧜‍♂️
    These are crude butt work better than before.   The spring in between the handles seem nicer and a coil spring can be used but it's still up to you.   Some manufacturers use the leaf spring inside the plastic handles butt you may have to remove both grips insert into place then reinstall the grip if appearance is in question. 🎣

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Good idea Gary, looks good thanks, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

oc1

Yeah Gary.  I'll definitely use that one.  Thank you.
-steve

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Here's a couple more ways to make some spring in your tools 🛠.

gstours

Here's another simple pliers spring idea.   A single lever.   Some thing I never thought of.🤔. Just saying.😸