isutami bearings from Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China

Started by alantani, November 17, 2011, 03:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

ok, so you DO have a stainless steel 440c grade bearing, correct?  i will see if i can still meet with hagard......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

shelby.hong

Quote from: alantani on November 29, 2011, 04:51:10 AM
ok, so you DO have a stainless steel 440c grade bearing, correct?  i will see if i can still meet with hagard......

Yes,that's correct. 440 A/B/C are all ok for us.   :)

By the way 440c is named 9cr18 in china.
Thank you for your kindly understand about the meeting..   shelby
www.isutami.com
shelby.hong@gmail.com
Bearing manufacturer since 1980

alantani

shelby.hong

I think i need to make a conclusion about the material.

As you all think that bearings usually use 52100 steel and 440c steel.according to the different environment,we use different material.

1)52100    Some of fresh water fishing reel bearings are made of 52100.      
2)440c      Most of our fishing reel ball bearings are made of 440c cuz its corrosion resistance for salt is better than 52100.
3)Ceramic hybrid/full ceramic fishing reel ball bearing is a different matter.

Hope i have make this matter clear... :-\
www.isutami.com
shelby.hong@gmail.com

shelby.hong

Quote from: alantani on November 29, 2011, 05:50:38 AM
ok, we are on for thursday at lunch time. 

Glad to hear that and thank you for your patience. :D
www.isutami.com
shelby.hong@gmail.com

shelby.hong

Many Thanks to alan, he will give a  Relevant evaluation about our bearings this week. ;D
www.isutami.com
shelby.hong@gmail.com

alantani

i thought it was pretty funny that my neighbor, jeff, was from the town of hangzhou!

i treated the three guys from isutami to lunch last week. i figured jeff would have a good time so i dragged him along.  it worked out fine.  jeff got to speak to hagard and johnason in chinese and i got to speak to chitresh in english.  we went to a small restaurant that jeff picked out and ordered lunch.  i brought my four trays of bearing to let them see what i keep in inventory.  there were alot of different quality bearings in the box.  the avet ones were particularly bad.  at least it gave them an idea of the quality that i was looking for.  the isutami guys brought a variety of bearings and the ones i had a chanct to play with were fine.  i could only evaluate how smooth they were, and they were plenty smooth.  it's hard to evaluate them any more than that over just one beer.  

basically, it comes down to 440C stainless as the absolute minimum grade of material, abec 5 preferred minimum spin rating, a 2 piece cage being preferred over a 1 piece cage (one piece only where absolutely necessary), open, sealed or shielded (with a circlip) prefered over a pressed in metal shield, the option of ordering bearings totally dry, oiled or totally packed with grease and a way for us to tell what it is we are getting. the grease point is important because being partly filled with grease means there are air pockets that can allow salt water in.  then isutami will have to put everything together and deliver a consistent product at a good price.  the problem is a natural bias in this country against products from china.  it will take some doing to get over that.  

shelby, i gave hagard a can of tsi 301.  didn't think to get a picture until just before we left.  from left to right, it's hagard, johnason, me and chitresh. guys, it was good to meet you.  let me know how the rest of your trip went!

inhotpursuit

That may have been the case even as little as 10 years ago and while china is still a little bit of a bully to its population the fact is that for the most factory workers are reasonably well paid,some are even housed,schooled and looked after medically by their employers,politics aside some of the products coming out of china are very well made, some are better than japanese,european and north american products while others are cheap junk so caution is neccasary.

shelby.hong

hey guys,

I will not argue for anything, we just doing business, thats why we have a face to face meet with alan, our bearings may make you change the bias towards chinese products too. Lets just come back to the bearings guys,

shelby ;)
www.isutami.com
shelby.hong@gmail.com

inhotpursuit

Sorry Shelby it was not my intention to make this political

inhotpursuit

Jayce

Hi Shelby,

Im based in Wuxi City, Jiangsu now.
Are your bearings available in taobao site ?

I would like to try some of your bearings also.

shelby.hong

Quote from: Jayce on December 09, 2011, 11:22:39 PM
Hi Shelby,

Im based in Wuxi City, Jiangsu now.
Are your bearings available in taobao site ?

I would like to try some of your bearings also.

Jayce,

you have got a pm,Taobao and ebay are both avaliable.

shelby:)
www.isutami.com
shelby.hong@gmail.com

alantani

shelby.hong

Quote from: alantani on December 13, 2011, 01:35:38 AM
shelby, do you have that list for me yet? 

Alan,I will send that to you this afternoon ,it's Tuesday morning now in china.. :)
www.isutami.com
shelby.hong@gmail.com